Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update on my H/C/I project

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default update on my H/C/I project

Ok, well as some of you might know I was putting a set of Bo White 5.3 heads on my car along with a 224 cam & Lingenfelter intake. Well we got it all done & buttoned up.

Car runs absolutely great. Idles at 900 RPM like stock, has zero cam surge below 1000 RPM & my gas milage is atill what it was before if not a little better.

Only problem I ran into was with the intake swap. It wasn't anything to do with the intake itself. It was the stupid hose barbs the instruction tell you to use. There is absolutely NO way to get it to work with straight fittings on the back of the intake. Reason bein the brake booster line comes in at a 90* angle & so does the hard vacuum line from the passanger side. It's impossible to bend the hoses to get them on the fittings & fit between the firewall with the wire harness back there also. Stupid directions.

So I'm gonna go get some 90* fittings & swap the intake back on in a week or so. I'll keep you guys informed on how that all goes. That should allow the hoses to connect just like they do on the LS1 intake.

I'll post dyno number as soon as I get my tune, which will likely be a month.

For those who done remember my set-up is:

224/224 .581/.581 114 cam
5.3 heads port/polished & milled .018" w/Patriot Gold dual spring kit
7.4 thunder pushrods
stock rockers

There is no valvetrain noise. It's just as quiet if not more so than before the installs. I couldn't be happier overall with my choice in set-up. The wife is very happy also cause it's not a big enough cam to really vibrate the car or be too loud inside.

I ended up using my stock oil pump cause I couldn't get the pick-up tube bolt out & my stock chain was perfect. I'm thinkin the motor had been replaced before I bought it & its only the car that has 100k on it. The pistons hardly had any build up on them either. Just too many thing leads me to believe the motor has way less milage.

Last edited by BIG_MIKE2005; 07-19-2007 at 08:01 AM.