Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

change Z28 sport's fog light?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default change Z28 sport's fog light?

I'm not sure where to put this so I stuck it in here, I tried searching but just found a bunch of crap about changing to newer lights .

What I want to know is how do I put the little cheapo $2 replacement light bulb I bought at Autozone into the foglight housing on my 1998 Camaro Z28 with the sport package? The car's manual is of little help b/c it appears to me that they sport package's body extension is covering the access panel of which it speaks. It looks like I have to take the body panel off to get to it Help please!
Old 05-15-2003, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: change Z28 sport's fog light?

Put your car up on ramps or jack up the front side with the burned out bulb.

Lay on your back under the car and look up - black plastic flap slightly behind the fog light, it will be the only flap there.

Use a socket to remove the one bolt holding the flap shut - your GFX shouldn't even be close to this bolt, it is about a foot in from the gfx.

Open flap, reach up and change bulb.

Reverse directions.

If for some reason you don't have a flap or can't find it:

2nd method - from the top

Using a 10mm wrench remove the one bolt holding your headlight assembly in place. Slide headlight towards center of vehicle to remove, set aside.

Look down towards the bottom of the vehicle through the hole you just created - you will see the top of the fog light assembly.

Reach down and change bulb.

Replace headlamp and install the 1 10mm bolt (pay attention to the small black tabs on the back, they slide into place)

Headlight will not need adjustment, just tighten her down and go.

Hope these help,
Jack
Old 05-15-2003, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Okay, I figured it out. It was too obvious The problems were that it is TWO bolts not the one that I kept reading so I never really noticed/tried them and the other is that I bought the wrong replacement bulb Dang. Oh well, thanks for the help I will have to go by autozone and get the correct one tomorrow, now that I have the original to bring in and match
Old 05-16-2003, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Okay, got it. The correct bulb costs more, though. And I have a bone to pick with the manual.....I couldn't figure it out like and idiot because my manual says to remove the two plastic screws with a screwdriver and what I had to do was remove the two metal bolts with a 10mm socket Stupid thing. Is it possible that it was only wrong b/c I have a '98 and the manual is, for some reason, (I bought it used two years ago) for a '99?