Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Another thanks to FX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another thanks to FX!!!

Yup, the FX guys helped me out YET AGAIN (sorry to be a constant pain in the *** guys) by fixing my GIANT MISTAKE OF CUTTING A TRAP DOOR.

I will listen to everybody next time and not get so far over my head and up my ***.

I bought some Liquid Nails, I have the screws, now I need to grab a 1/8 drill bit, drill the holes, and no more fumes for me

Also, for the Liquid Nails, can I apply it now and wait for it to dry, then put the metal on, or will that not work??
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
Yup, the FX guys helped me out YET AGAIN (sorry to be a constant pain in the *** guys) by fixing my GIANT MISTAKE OF CUTTING A TRAP DOOR.

I will listen to everybody next time and not get so far over my head and up my ***.

I bought some Liquid Nails, I have the screws, now I need to grab a 1/8 drill bit, drill the holes, and no more fumes for me

Also, for the Liquid Nails, can I apply it now and wait for it to dry, then put the metal on, or will that not work??
LOL people use liquid nails when they do the trap door? No you need to put it on probably withing 2-3 minutes before it drys. how are you attaching it?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol I recomended panel bond adhesive for a permanent re-attatchment, 3M semi-rigid seam-sealer for a semi-permanent attatchment, and the liquid nails for the $5 fix. Lay the adhesive down, screw the metal down on top of it, and wipe away any excess before letting it dry overnight.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Cool, will do. I'll find someone with a 1/8'' drill bit and get the duct tape out of the car. I will say though....the car doesn't smell like gas
Old 07-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Banned

i used some GMS and nails. but thats because i was in the process of trial and error trying to figure out if my fuel pump or the crapti-spark went out