Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing a MAF code, need help......

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throwing a MAF code, need help......

I keep throwing a code, ATAP says its the MAF sensor, I have the MAF Translator version 4.0 and I was told that the problem could be due to the switch settings, right now they are all set to off, am I supposed to have the last switch (switch # 4) set to on? Will this cure the code issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Brian
Old 05-16-2003, 06:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Throwing a MAF code, need help......

ttt
Old 05-16-2003, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your LTRMs and A/F ?
What is the MAF code your getting? P0100? Is this the stock MAF? Ported? How long have you ran the MAFT and did this problem just occur without YOU modding something? Details!! Since there are a number of reasons, it is very difficult to suggest a specific cause.
If there is no explanation as to why this might have suddenly happened......There are several areas that can throw a MAF code. The system could be correcting RICH for an overly LEAN condition. This is usually due to a vacuum leak after the MAF. It can also be caused by a bad PCV valve or PCV system hose. I've seen MAF codes thrown for a dirty fuel filter (that's the beauty of the P1 codes compared to P0.. WTF!).
Otherwise, clear the code, take the MAF-T out of the picture here and see if you still throw your SES. Just watch you LTRMs and O2.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just went through the thing of singleing out stuff to find my MAF problem. Took out the MAF-T, Bought a MAF thought i had it fixed but here it turned out to be the wires going into the quick disconect went bad when you move them a little it kicks the Low Freq. code.

JR
Old 05-16-2003, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I do not have ATAP, my friend Don tuned it in about 3 months ago, the car had been down for 6 of those 12 weeks due to the rear end letting go. We set the Timing Tuner and MAF Translator to (as I recall) have it run oh so slightly lean and have not rechecked the settings since. I do not recal what the LTRM's or A/F was and I do not know what the codes were (sorry for the lack of info). I put the Z06 85mm MAF meter on about 4 months ago, I already had the Translator and TT installed. The car has never thrown the SES light before and I bring it up to 6000rpm under WOT every time I drive it. The SES disapears after about every 4th or 5th restart. I don't have direct access to the ATAP so I am going to turn down the Translator 4% towards the rich side for now to see if the SES light does not come on and try and get Don to run ATAP again to see where it is. Thanks CAT!

Brian