Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR removal ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR removal ?

Today i took off the air tubing, My car is a 99, and there was no vacum tube that i have read about, arent the 99's suppose to have a vacum tube to some sort of air valve ? I dont have any pics and havent started the car since were doing heads and cam right now, but does anybody have a pic of what the air valve and vacum tube looks like or where it should be, im confused. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

there is a round air valve mounted at the back driverside head. The valve will have 3 large rubber hoses going to it, two of them covert to hard tubes(going to exhasut manifold) and the other one goes to the stock air lid/filter. that valve will have a small plastic tube(very small) with a rubber end on it that is for vacum. It tee's off the vacum line the comes in to the back of the intake manifold.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep its towards the rear of the driverside head like he said
Old 07-20-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is this the same for the 2000's as well?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by SSDriver
there is a round air valve mounted at the back driverside head. The valve will have 3 large rubber hoses going to it, two of them covert to hard tubes(going to exhasut manifold) and the other one goes to the stock air lid/filter. that valve will have a small plastic tube(very small) with a rubber end on it that is for vacum. It tee's off the vacum line the comes in to the back of the intake manifold.
My 1999 does not have it.

As a neat little side effect, my LPE FRC's did not have to be modified at all to fit.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

The three hoses I took off were coming out of the fender on the driver side front I pulled up on that hose, pop it came up, it routed back under the wiper cowl and into a plastic t or y shpaed fitting where it became 2 rubber hoses for about a foot to foot and a half maybe, from there the pipes turn into metal lines that went to each manifold.

Then I unbolted the air motor and its bracket, and removed them, followed by taping up the connectors that went to the motor.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 740racing
The three hoses I took off were coming out of the fender on the driver side front I pulled up on that hose, pop it came up, it routed back under the wiper cowl and into a plastic t or y shpaed fitting where it became 2 rubber hoses for about a foot to foot and a half maybe, from there the pipes turn into metal lines that went to each manifold.

Then I unbolted the air motor and its bracket, and removed them, followed by taping up the connectors that went to the motor.

That's all mine is. I think you got it all. Unless there were changes mid-year in 1999.