Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front strunt assembly Removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Front strunt assembly Removal

What is the easiest and most straight foward way to remove the front spring and shock assembly in your drive way with a spring compressor and hand tools?? I just replaced my front shocks tonight and it was a b***h! There has to be a easier way than haveing to use a pry bar on the lower A-arm to get the shock out. I will be putting some 1.5 drop springs on the car in about a month or so from now, so I want to find out if there is a easier way than I did it tonight!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need to use a pry bar to get the shock assembly out, just raise the car high enough so you have the proper clearance. You'll have to pull it out at an angle, but that's about it. Also, when re-installing the spring/shock assembly, be sure it's all aligned correctly so you won't have any trouble lining up the shock bolt holes with the lower A-arm holes.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

disconnecting the sway bar endlink usually allows for the lca to drop low enough to remove easily.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Restricted User

I lifted the car pretty high on all four corners, disconnected the SB end links (broke one in half in the process) and with a little shaking, the whole assembly came out. You have to really kinda maneuver it around everything as you pull it out, but that was by far the easiest task of the whole install for me.