Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone at Minot

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone at Minot

Any clubs or fbody owners at Minot? Just arrived and bored as hell!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch...

-justin
Old 07-20-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

good luck with that one. Im sure there is something out there though. Had a buddie get PCS'd there last year.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn dude,I was there feb '04-feb 06.

I actually miss that place, LOTS of good times when I was an A1C. As far as clubs(cars)Not really that i know of, HOWEVER Minot was (and i know this sounds hard to believe but) a hotspot for 1st gen Camaros. Watch in the spring/summer time man you'll see'em cruisin' up and down 83.The track there was only an 1/8th mile but it was fun to hit up before going out and partying. Whats your AFSC? I tell ya the BEST bars are "dae Udder Place" --live bands/HUGE bar/gambling LOTS of girls--(on main st/83 in the plaza across from the bank right near Toad's car wash).The other AWESOME bar was Sports on Tap(shared the same building as that pizza resturaunt), DAMN they had some hot little NoDak's workin there, of course applebees, ground round always a good choice...sorry from rambling."The Landing" (right across from the airport" was a cool place to just go with your buddies and just drink and shoot pool, live bands sometimes too. You got there at a good time though that Best Buy was just being completed when I PCS'd lots of cool bars up there. If you make your way to Bismark go to a bar called "Bucks" thats a big college hang out , need i say more? All in all everybody (atleast in my AFSC) we all gelled, maybe cause we were all SrA and A1C's or non of us INITIALLY wanted to be there but it was DEFF. a great place to be, NO regrets!

Oh yeah man, 2 more things...

A) "Raptor T/A" here on the boards, was in Minot when I was. If you have ANY questions bout the local area man feel free to PM me

B) Do yourself a favor, save up a few extra $$$ and buy a cheap little honda or something for dependable and affordable. You DO NOT wanna be driving your baby in those winter conditions,(believe me, i've seen your Baby and shes Purrrrrrrty) especially if you live off base in the winter coming up 83 You will see so many cars in the ditches along the road and dumb motherf*ckers in who think("not all, just some" =P) that their 4x4 is unstoppable against mother nature

Last edited by Rob M; 07-20-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:55 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So there is life at Minot. Hmmm.......very possible I'll get thrown up there in 11 mos time when assignments are released in the 1st qtr of next yr. Won't matter much as I'll be retiring 8 mos from the next assignment.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JeaneGrae
Any clubs or fbody owners at Minot? Just arrived and bored as hell!
I don't know about car clubs up there but there's a friend of mine from High School who's an SP and he owns a white C5 on chrome C5 Z06 rims...
Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Im in grand forks but i dont really know of anyone in minot
Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

My father was stationed there back in the 80's on 52's. Rob speaks the truth, GET A CHEAP HONDA or anything cheap and reliable that is front wheel drive.

Look up the average weather and temperatures there during the weather. I think the only place worse besides maybe northern Alaska is a few spots in northern MN.

He said it was so cold you could only work oustide for 5 minutes or so. Snowed so much you had to leave your snow shovel at the end of the driveway so you could shovel back to the front door and leave it at the door so you could shovel back to your car hahaha.

http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/USND0242_f.html

http://www.weather.com/weather/clima...=www.yahoo.com

Not sure how to look up average snowfall. It looks like 40+ inches, so maybe count on 4 feet average not including the nasty stuff that comes a lot.
Check this out,
http://www.minot.af.mil/library/fact...et.asp?id=3890

Up to 50mph wind gusts.....

GET A HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was at minot for two years first off go to http://www.northernanimation.com/ that is the local forum. Then if you need any hook up's take your car to the tire shop across form the pride building and ask for dennis. He is an older guy who can help send you in the right direction as he know's alot of people there. Then once you are on northern animaton talk to 8URPONY probley owns the fastest ls1 in the state. He works at firestone also. And enjoy all the rice. Also everyone is right you will need another car I was lucky and got deployed my last winter there and still had a hard time in my car in March when I came back.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Launching!

you do realize there is a turbo trans am down in fargo right? judging by his times in his profile im sure there are plenty around in fargo, grand forks and bismark that are way faster.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

I did not know that. Well he is one of the faster ls1's up there then. He ran a 6.9 at minot 1/8 and everyone I talked to said they run quicker in fargo then minot so his car isnt slow.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if it weren't for minot, i probably wouldn't have my firehawk... but i dont miss the -40 windchills what so ever or only driving 3months out of a year
Old 08-13-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sweet system you got in your car. My buddy is stationed up there, he's got a white camaro i believe. I still haven't got to see it yet, but you'll probably see him around.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 AM
TECH Addict

I work with a guy that was a B-2 crew dog and he said he had only been to Minot once for a super quick TDY and only evern met one person that had been to Minot and wanted to go back and it was just because he had family up there hahaha. The guy I work with was up during the summer and said he could tell the winter would SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone at Minot