Stock m6 shifting

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock m6 shifting

Hooowdy ho.

I have a question or too.

I've got an 01 WS6 with the m6 transmission.

Currently, outside of the nitrous and a heavy clutch(+90 percent over stock, so says centerforce), the car is stock.

I have noticed my best track times are when shifting at 5500 RPM. This is because above that the car willnot go into the next guage until the revs drop down. Itdoesn't matter which gear I'm dropping into, either. 2, 3, 4, or 5.

Is this because my transmission is toast? Or on its way to becoming a very heavy peice of useless pissing-me-the-hell-off?

Or is it because the clutch is heavy and at high revs needs a better master cylinder to operate it? The Centerforce design does have weights attached to the pressure plate, causing more clamping pressure the higher the RPM goes.

Any input would be nice. I'm looking to do the intake this weekend, the exhaust the week after next, and a cam not long after that. If I need a new transmission I need to know ASAP so I can budget for one.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2007, 01:25 AM
10 Second Club

I'm in no way am I an expert but I have had a similar problem going into 3rd. After talking to a local guy he mentioned the drill mod. Something to do with the hydraulics on the tranny, there are posts on this but I'm not sure how too do it yet. I've heard the best time is when the tranny is dropped, changing the clutch. Just drilling out a spot to make it larger will help you out. I'm sure someone will know how to explain it better. Maybe look in the manual tranny section.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

I have preformed the drill mod.

And it did help immeasurably.

But the problem is still there above approx. 5.5k RPM.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Any help would be spifferific.. so....

To The Top!

Haha