Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Head/cam Package For 02 Ws6

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Head/cam Package For 02 Ws6

I've done a ton of searching and still very confused.. I have an 02 WS6 with pacesetter lts, catted ypipe, LM exhaust, slp lid.. and the rest stock.. I am wondering what head/cam package to get.. here's what I'm looking to do: I would like a good cam that make good low end and mid range power and is pretty streetable.. I dont mind somewhat rougher idle than stock but I don't want something very choppy.. sees more street than track.. I've heard a 224 or 228 cam would be good with a 114 LSA..Opinions? Then what heads should I get? At some point in the future I would like to add a supercharger so it would be nice if I didn't have to repurchase these items all over again... Which head do the 02 WS6's have? Should I just have them ported and how much does that cost? Your advice is much appreciated...
Old 07-21-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to move this to the INTERNAL mod section.. this is for EXTERNAL mods in this section
Old 07-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RiceEatingWS6
I've done a ton of searching and still very confused.. I have an 02 WS6 with pacesetter lts, catted ypipe, LM exhaust, slp lid.. and the rest stock.. I am wondering what head/cam package to get.. here's what I'm looking to do: I would like a good cam that make good low end and mid range power and is pretty streetable.. I dont mind somewhat rougher idle than stock but I don't want something very choppy.. sees more street than track.. I've heard a 224 or 228 cam would be good with a 114 LSA..Opinions? Then what heads should I get? At some point in the future I would like to add a supercharger so it would be nice if I didn't have to repurchase these items all over again... Which head do the 02 WS6's have? Should I just have them ported and how much does that cost? Your advice is much appreciated...
ok.. outline your goals first

-low-mid range power
-streetable
-possible FI in the future

Looks to me that you don't want the big max effort cams. That's fine.. you can still make good power you just won't get the dyno numbers the bigger cams do. With FI in mind, and not wanting to spin it to the moon to make power, I like the 224/224 on a 114 (I'd get it ground on an advance +2).. slight lope at idle, pulls great in the midrange, shift points should be around 6300.

Your heads are 241's.. good stock head.. taking them off and sending them out to be cnc'd would probably run 600-700, but it really varies depending on who ports them. You'd need new gaskets and head bolts as well obviously.. and you'll need springs.. might just want to order some ported 243's froma sponsor if you are on a budget.