Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just finished clutch install - QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just finished clutch install - QUESTION

My buddy and I just finished installing a Spec Stage 2 (the Stage 3 just bit the dust) about an hour ago. Once we were finished, we realized we still had the spacer in the box that goes with the slave cylinder/throwout bearing (according to the directions).

Now before anyone freaks out, here is the situation. This car previously had a Spec Stage 3 installed, and the installer of that clutch is pretty sure that he installed the spacer that came with that one. I have driven the car about 9,000 miles since that clutch install and it is shot. When we installed this new Stage 2 today, we absolutely did not remove a spacer from that assembly, but neither of us can remember if we saw one on there already or not because we weren't looking for it.

My question is: Would I absolutely know once driving this car if there was not a spacer installed? I have driven it home from the dealership we installed it at and the only strange thing to me is that the clutch engages instantly when you start to bring it out (but I have not bled it yet, so that needs to be done).