PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my afr fluctuates from 10.2-10.5 @ WOT, should i be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my afr fluctuates from 10.2-10.5 @ WOT, should i be concerned?

i have a boost controller that can switch between 5-8psi. i have only been running the low boost setting to be safe for now, but have been tuned for 8. now at 30%+ tps on low boost, my afr will fluctuate from 10.1-10.5. i am reading it from my AEM wideband, and the wbo2 sensor is located right before the exhaust goes over the axle. i am thinking a couple of things:

could the AEM be off a by a little bit in reading the afr?

since i was tuned for 8psi, would i run richer at the 5 psi setting?

i have only done a few wot runs, but the car feels strong. should i not be making WOT runs with the afr that rich? i would think that it would be better to be rich than be too lean, like 12.0ish and higher, so any help guys? thanks!

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=88a2ecaa.flv

Last edited by RooRnZ28; 07-21-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wont hurt anything, and your right better to be rich then lean. Yes it is common to run even richer on lower boost like in your 5 to 8 situation, but thats not a rule. It depends on tuning and airflow. The varience is nothing to be concerned with. I would tune it leaner, but its not uncommon for turbo cars to run that rich , esspecially in the summer for safty. I would be concerned if it was 10.5 then 13.0....that would be a problem. Just make sure you monitor knock retard, then lean it out a bit to make more power.

Quick Reply: my afr fluctuates from 10.2-10.5 @ WOT, should i be concerned?