Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2/L92 heads ???

Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2/L92 heads ???

I have read spec's all over about the L92 heads and piston to valve clearance. One guy who claimed to have checked it found the intake clearance to be just over .09's with a .600 lift cam but the exhaust to be in the .07's. With .090 or more being a safe margin for both. I have also read that what ever you mill from the heads adds 50% of the milled heads number to that ptv clearance. (example .030 make the ptv clearance .015 closer). I am concerned what the true facts are with a stock block using L92 heads ptv clearance. I don't want to do a tear down only to find I will have less then .090 clearance & get into fly-cutting piston's. Duration is also a issue being limited to 320 or less. I have also read where guy's do the full .035 mill on the L92's for a 11.0 to 1 compression. I have read also guy's just using stock push-rod length & some using shorter. These spec's seem to all be hit or miss install's with no true facts. Maybe the heads are too new for good data?? Can anyone that has true data help clear this up?? I know some of the Pro install shops should know this data for sure befor doing a head/cam install or you would think so. I also see guy's planning L92 install's going for crazy lift & big number duration with no thought to this only slapping it together. The head gasket choice are all over also from .040 on up. I see little worry of this from post I have read but it is a concern to me. I think if someone has any true facts they should share it to save a few guy's a blown engine. Should the head gaskets used be the one's for the L92 bore? (what I have seen used the most). Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread