Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Boost-A-Pump Question

Old 07-22-2007, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Boost-A-Pump Question

I have a question about my boost-a-pump. On Tuesday, my car had no fuel pressure as my fuel pump would not kick on. I got to the wiring and checked itgoing and coming from the boost-a-pump, checked all fuses, and checked the relay for the pump and there was no problem. After the boost-a-pump where it connects to the fuel pump wiring, I have my aftercooler pump wired, so I know the problem is before there, because the aftercooler wasnt working either. After I checked all of the wiring, I turned the key on and the pumps kicked on. Today, the same thing happened, except for I just tapped on the BAP and tried the key and the pumps kicked on again. My question is, can the BAP go bad and be causing there to be no power sent out of it? The car has had the BAP for 2 1/2 years and this has never happened before, and the BAP was used when I got it. Do you guys think it is time for a new BAP?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM
FormerVendor

Never seen a bad one but it is possible as it is just a fancy relay. It is either that or a bad connection somewhere.

Nate
Old 07-23-2007, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Yea, I was thinking a it could be a connection, but it has never happened before in almost 3 years, so I didnt think that was what it was.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:59 PM
FormerVendor

Could be corrosion over time. Just something not touching 100%.

Nate

Search this Thread