Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp tuners question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hp tuners question

i am looking into getting hp tuners for my car. and i do not understand the credit system. it comes with 8 credits and it says you need two per specific ls1 camaro. would i be able to tune 4 different ls1's?
Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes Sir!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

ok, i will probably be asking more questions. is it possible to put the program on two computers without puchasing it again? and i read something about bars.. and for a forced inductions it said it may require 2 bars.. which uses more credits. can you explain this to me please?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

is it possible to put the program on two computers without puchasing it again?
Yes, you'll just need to resync your licenses when going between pcm's which you'll be able to understand once you have the hardware/software in your hands.

and i read something about bars.. and for a forced inductions it said it may require 2 bars.. which uses more credits. can you explain this to me please?
Its not a requirement by any means to go to a 2 or 3 bar map sensor when you go FI, but many will recommend it because otherwise you'll end up fudging alot of your other tables to get your actual afr where you want it whereas with SD tuning you can get your commanded to equal your actual a bit easier & more consistently especially at higher boost level. If you do decide to go to a 2 or 3 bar map sensor it would be easiest if you do utilize one of our custom operating systems which will allow you to keep great resolution in your VE table & most of our custom operating systems also give you access to many of your tables in real time at no additional charge.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

will nitrous or big cam and heads require more than one bar?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No.

Here's some more info about the different bars http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9255