Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift light help

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shift light help

ok no one in electronics could help so ill try here...
hey i just hooked up the new auto meter digital pro shift light in my car red to 12v keyed hot on the radio and i used the radio ground too then hooked up to pin 35 white wire on my ecu the shift light is all digital so i went thru the menu and set it at 2 PPR and the RPM on the digital readout are around 400 rpm low at idle and increase by about 700 rpm off by every 1000 i called auto meter tech support and they said make sure it has at least 12v going to it (it does 13.4 act)
and if that doesent work then send it back to get it calibrated i found a thread on here once about ppr and transistors but couldn't find it i dont want to send it back to get calibrated i would rather just send it back and get a raptor those dont seem to have any problems and help would be great thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

did you set it for 4 cyl. mode? the ls1 puts out a 4 cyl. signal. i had to cut the 2 wires that were looped and then it worked.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

it doesent have the normal wires to cut its all dig but it is set to 4 cyl