Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input on Nu-Tek Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Input on Nu-Tek Motorsports

I am considering Nu-Tek Motorsports for a forged rod/piston LS1 shortblock.
Anyone have any first hand experience with them?
Their prices are good and I have heard some good things.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2003, 03:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Default Re: Input on Nu-Tek Motorsports

I have a friend who has used them, I'll link him to this thread.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them build my 383. Good prices and Nick was excellent at answering my questions. It did take a long time to get my engine, but Nick was in the process of moving and he was slammed with work.

I had to yank the engine out before I put any miles on it. It was hard to start. Took around 95 ft lbs to turn over in car. Nick has torn it down and found no problems with the shortblock. It comes back home this week so we will see if my issues are gone.

Nick has great prices, but in my opinion is going through growing pains. Im sure good help is hard to find and that is hindering his ability to perform the level of customer service he had when he was smaller. I have confidence in my engine and nu-tek. I guess the numbers will tell the story.

Russ
Old 05-17-2003, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nu-Tek help me to build a 3.4L V6 Camaro to the point where it put down 200+rwhp(yes yes I know don't say it )

They are currently helping me with a 408ci ironblock project. I chose them for a couple of reasons 1)having dealt with them before and being happy with the service and the results I went with who I knew. 2) for me they are close and that also helps in some ways, my sons goes to college only 40 miles from where Nu-Tek is located so I some times stop in when I go see him.

Nu-Tek has grown a lot in the last couple of years and while it is harder to get Nick to the phone it is still possible and he knows his stuff. they have a sweet setup at the new shop with every damn machine for engine building you can think of. They don't do "off the shelf" stuff so you may have a little wait but it would be worth it.