Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

RAM HD powergrip and Billet Steel Flywheel Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM HD powergrip and Billet Steel Flywheel Review

I picked up a RAM powergrip HD clutch and flywheel from a sponsor here (new era performance).

NEP did Great job on shipping, and great price. TRT did the install and as usual great job as well.

Install went well. Nothing out of the ordinary. It did not include a pilot bearing (If I remember correctly), so that has to be added to purchase. It did include the proper spacer as well. New 02 style slave and master went in and the drill mod was done (RAM instructions state that it is necessary too).

Initially, the pedal feels pretty stiff but it softened up slightly to almost OEM feel. It grabs very well and you can slip it out a little bit like the stock clutch. Mine had no chatter what so ever from the beginning and still doesn't. From a dead stop you can let the clutch out slowly and it will start to grab like the stocker will and you can move without giving it gas or stalling. It also does not feel as tiring in stop/go traffic as you would think. Its stiffer than OEM like I said, but within reason.

It is holding my 400ish rwhp very well. I only have the small T60 turbo on there right now that still is having some kinks worked out but if everything works well, the car will be making 475+ soon and I am sure the RAM will hold that quite well.

Im also using amsoil syncromesh for the tranny. Shifting is smooth, and the billet flywheel gives smoother revs. Its hard to measure just how much faster it is versus stock but going by feel it appears to have improved all around. Car setup is in my sig.

IMO as long as your not pushing 600rwhp this is a great combo for the $$. I paid less than $650 for the setup (not including hydrolics).
Hope this helps anybody interested in this setup.