View Full Version : Any updates on the Aluminum LSx?

RAMPANT
07-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Have there been any updates on whether there will be an Aluminum LSx and if so when?

I am looking at redoing my motor this winter and want a much bigger bore than the 4.00 of the LS2. It must be aluminum though.

Hoping to get close too a 4.200 diameter NA. I want a 455ci:devil:

The most obvious and likely solution is the Darton MID from RED's but just wonder is there are any alternatives? This will be a street motor.

njc.corp
07-25-2007, 09:24 AM
i dont think they will make a alloy lsx from what i have heard -

how come u dont want the lsx cast version-is it the weight or price?

Stang's Bane
07-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Warhawk or Dart.

RAMPANT
07-25-2007, 10:25 AM
i dont think they will make a alloy lsx from what i have heard -

how come u dont want the lsx cast version-is it the weight or price?

Weight, is the issue.

I autocross the car and have finally got it handling really good. The last thing I want to do is hang another 100-130lbs on the nose.:eek2:

If it was all about power I would go FI, likely a blower.

The World would be fine if they figured it would go to at least 4.190, but the recommended max is 4.125 so far as I have seen and do not want to jam a 4.25 stroke crank in it for a street motor. I have a thing for the 455ci number, I have a thing for nostalgia. I currently have an Eagle 4.100 crank that can have a little extra stroke ground into it.

njc.corp
07-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Weight, is the issue.

I autocross the car and have finally got it handling really good. The last thing I want to do is hang another 100-130lbs on the nose.:eek2:

The World would be fine if they figured it would go to at least 4.190, but the recommended max is 4.125 so far as I have seen and do not want to jam a 4.25 stroke crank in it for a street motor. I have a thing for the 455ci number, I have a thing for nostalgia. I currently have an Eagle 4.100 crank that can have a little extra stroke ground into it.

fair enough

Stang's Bane
07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Weight, is the issue.

Check out the engine that ET built with the warhawk block. It is runnign a little more than 4.125 stroke :)