Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Driver side window motor is done!

Old 05-17-2003, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side window motor is done!

Well got into the fixin mood today so I followed the instructions on this link Window Motor Removal & Install and managed to swap the motor in about an hour.

I checked with GM for the replacement motor and priced it out at $169...went to Carquest-$69 w/1year warranty......went to Checkers-$88 w/lifetime warranty. Needless to say I got the Checker replacement. The motor is about as good as stock (no faster or quieter ) and looks to be a remanufactured Delco unit.

All in all, much easier a swap than anticipated. Thank goodness for the good write-up! If your motor goes out guys, follow the instructions on that link....you should be good to go!:
Old 05-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Driver side window motor is done!

Sounds good. Bookmarked it in case this would happen to me in the future.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you kept on going down the road you would have went to Autozone and got a Semien's motor for $44.00 with a lifetime warranty. Faster and more efficent then the GM motor's. Since i seem to be into this post, i have always wanted to tell a moderator."You posted this in the wrong section" I will see what i can do to get it moved to the correct place for you..
Old 05-18-2003, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

I just did mine today too with those instructions. Wasn't very hard at all. Took me about an hour too but half of that was searching for a drill bit the right size. I got my motor from O'reilly auto parts for $34!!! I guess it helps that I'm assistant manager though. lol. That is definitly a link to keep in your favorites. Very, very helpful. Later.

Steve
Old 05-18-2003, 03:28 AM
TECH Resident

If you kept on going down the road you would have went to Autozone and got a Semien's motor for $44.00 with a lifetime warranty. Faster and more efficent then the GM motor's. Since i seem to be into this post, i have always wanted to tell a moderator."You posted this in the wrong section" I will see what i can do to get it moved to the correct place for you..
No Autozone or Semien's Motors here.....Trust me I searched. If you can find them, I'll post this in the proper section

Old 05-18-2003, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

What i am saying is, this falls under electronic's not appearance and detail.. Wrong section..
Old 05-18-2003, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

What i am saying is, this falls under electronic's not appearance and detail.. Wrong section..
Thanks....
Old 05-18-2003, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

I replaced mine with a Siemens motor from Autozone for $50.00 with a lifetime warranty. I greased the regulator with white lithium lube gease and I trimmed the triangular black rubber on the door jamb. This piece adds a lot of resistance for the glass. The window goes up/down faster then when the car was new. I have to do the passenger side now too, to match the left side. The hardest thing for me was getting the little tiny screws in the holes to mount the motor. They were just to damn small. I drilled the three holes in the motor just a pinch larger and used two longer screws(about double in length) in place of two of the smaller ones. I also used small lock washers, but I didn't use loctite. In case I need to remove it later I don't want any issues. For the 3rd screw I used the supplied little one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver side window motor is done!