General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Broken window guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Broken window guide

Okay, I don't know the technical name for this part, but if your roll your window down and spread apart the two rubber pieces, you can see two "guides" for the window. One is towards the front of the door and one is toward the back. Its not the regulator or anything, but its something to keep the window from bouncing back and forth I think. Each piece has some material on the end so that the glass won't get scratched. Anyways, one of these is broken on my car and I need a new one. Can I just buy a new one of these or is it more complicated than that? Also, does anyone know how they attach? Any help is greatly appreciated- thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not 100% sure if yours is the same as mine but, my rear guide is broken on the driver door. I saw how it works when I was changing my window motors. It's basically a rail and a metal piece that slides inside the rail. This piece is supposed to be attached to the window, but mine looked like the bolt that is attached to the window just ripped a hole in the slide and now they are seperated. The slide is still in the guide but it is no longer attached to the window. The window slides forward and back inside the door when rolled down. This is because the window is not attached to the guide any more. I havent gotten around to fixing it, but I was thinking the quickest and cheapest way would be to have someone weld the bolt back together with the slide.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:39 AM
Teching In

do a search on "window stabilizers" .theres some info on the part you need -- but heres the part number for the window guide #10257988
Old 07-27-2007, 10:37 AM
What's a Sticky?

Originally Posted by doehmer
do a search on "window stabilizers" .theres some info on the part you need -- but heres the part number for the window guide #10257988
Yeah, thanks man. I found that last night while searching around. You just have to remove the door panel and they are a breeze to replace. And they are only like $10 from the dealer
Old 07-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Teching In

try a junk yard i needed to replace 1 of those stabilizers went to the junk yard and found 5 -- only cost me $2.58