Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hesitation, flat spot

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default hesitation, flat spot

I have seen alot of people on here claiming the same problem I am having now but didnt really see a cure. Im wondering if there has been any update from someone who has fixed theirs.

Basicly my car runs very flat up to 3000 rpms or so at part throttle then clears up. It does it worse when its cold (not warmed up all the way). Sometimes I take off up the road for work in the morning and I can get it in 2nd gear and start rolling in the gas and the car will just not want to rev. It will just be kindafor skipping up the road but if I keep rolling on the gass until I am at 50-75% throttle or more it will make it clear up. I figure at that point it goes into open loop and that clears it up. If I dont roll in the gas to clear it up I can usually just stay in the gear that I am in until the rpm's get up to say 3000-3500 or so and it will clear up.

Also when changing gears I have the hesitation when I get back on the gas from shifting. I will probably change the plugs out but I wonder what difference it makes what % throttle I give if its he plugs.

Anybody think this could be the MAF? I had it off for a long time when my car was cammed up but now I am back to bone stock and stock tune. I may take the MAF back off and tune it for speed density again.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem but at a lower rpm. Been chasing it for weeks!! It will not do it when cold but in the middle of just before or slightly after closed loop. any ideas?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I think I know what my problem was. My MAF is dead. Its not reading jack.

So my thinking is that mine clears up around 4000 because I think the MAF is not being used from 4000 and up.

Also it clears up when I give it close to full throttle, at which it enters PE mode.

No MAF for me.