Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch engagement question...??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch engagement question...??

So recently Ive noticed my clutch engaging very close to the floor. I did the test where you put the car in gear and hold the clutch pedal in and rev it up to see if the car will pull fwd and it did. It started to pull the car fwd a little about 5k rpm. So this means my clutch is not fully disengaging correct. Am I causing damgage to my clutch by just driving the car. Could I have a bad master? What typically causes this. Could I just have air in the system? Thanks for any advice...

Also, I have a Textrilla 0z700 with roughly 3k miles on it. I put in a new throw out bearing and a barley used 01-02 master to update my 99. We also did the drill mod to it. The first time we installed it I didnt torque the pressure plate bolts properley and I had a similar problem with the car pulling fwd when reved up but it got real bad where I couldnt even put it in gear. So we dropped the tranny and redid everything making sure we did it right. Cleaned everythinng with brake cleaner and torqued the pressure plate bolts properely and used locktite on them so Id really be shocked if those could have backed out. I hope its something easy like a master and not a slave. Is there a way to tell.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

keep us informed, Im gonna try a quick bleed on mine and see what that does, if nothing I will replace the master. I really hope its one of those cause I do not want to drop the damn tranny. I torqued my pressure plate bolts to spec and in a star fashion, I used lock tite too. this **** sucks!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Trying making your stock master cylinder adjustable, it worked wonders for my car...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm, I saw a little on that. I may try that. Thanks

Quick Reply: Clutch engagement question...??