General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Turn Signal help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Turn Signal help

I tried a search but no luck...I change all my exterior bulb light to LEDs.
Switchbacks in the front& installed two EL 12 After the install I checked & all lights & signals working great. A couple of days later My signals dont work anymore. The green arrow lights up but does not flash..( Like a bulb would be out ). I checked and all lights are working .I replaced the flasher with two additional new ones & The signals will still not flash. Anyone have any ideas?

Thx

Rik
Old 07-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that I answered this for you on another form.

The LED bulbs do not use enough electricity to make the flasher work. As far as the flasher is concerned, you have a burned out bulbs. You need a flasher designed for the LED bulbs. Go here: http://stores.ebay.com/TMI-LED-TECHNOLOGY
Then scroll down to "LED bulb turn signal flasher hazard relay load resistor".

The flasher will work.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds odd to work but then not work. Did you already have electronic flashers in place of the stock thermal flashers? I would assume you did to have them even work in the first place. I'm having similar weird issues but my fronts will not flash, but the backs will. I'll keep you posted if I solve my problem and maybe it will fix urs. Good luck
Old 07-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my flasher to work.. I had to remove the LED bulbs I had in the tail lights and put back in my original bulbs. All my other LEDs work fine. WHen I replace 1 bulb in the tail light with a LED , my signals will not work ... I am using the EL12 Tridon flasher