Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Drill Mod, Can anyone show me good pics,

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drill Mod, Can anyone show me good pics,

after yesterdays resaults i am goin to do the drill modd to my car and my friends 02 Z,

i have allready checked the http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...r_cylinder.htm

but i dont see those pics to well, so if anyone can show me better pics i would be wery thankfull,

and how much should i drill it?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont need pics... After you remove the master cylinder, and knock out the roll pin holding the hydraulic line in, you will see the metal fitting with a small hole in it.

It will be really obvious that the hole is kinda small. You take the drill bit, and hold the line with a pair of pliers. Just dont mess up the sealing area.

Start drilling into it. I dipped my drill bit into vaseline to catch shavings. As you go into the metal end, you will feel the bit go past the metal. After about an inch, you will feel the bit go "through". At that point, you should be able to easily move the bit in and out of the line.

A couple other points... Be careful to go straight into the line, and dont drill through the side. As you are dilling, frequently pull the bit out and this will clear the shavings. This isnt something you need to be in a hurry to do, so just take your time.

After you are done, follow the procedures online for flushing the line, bench bleeding, and reinstalling everything. Once you have the mastercylinder out of the car, this mod should really only take about 30 minutes, and that includes bench bleeding the master before putting it back in.

Only reason I say you dont need pics, is that the only visual difference between the line with the dill mod and the one without..is that the hole is bigger. Other than that, there isnt much to see.

J.