Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

next mod?.. help me out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 02:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next mod?.. help me out.

umm my car is basically stock.. i have a 2001 SS with a SLP Loudmouth II cat-back and a Ported TB (excellent work from bo white).. just curious of the next mod I should do. I understand the best way to get power to have all the mod's working together.. should my next mod be a lid?... and in reference to that.. i saw the RKsport Lid for like 75 bucks.. i know a lid is a lid is a lid but just curious if they have any known defects?... also maybe headers next?.. not sure im kind of on a budget.. but i mean i can afford headers.. i was actually considering the Mac headers bc i want to lower my car in the near future...

opinions are very appreciated... thx guys.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

i would def get a full blown cold air intake then go headers/ mid pipe .. then id go with a cam thats what i have right now is the SLP 1 and i wanna go headers, y pipe , cold air, then a cam
Old 07-29-2007, 05:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

i think u should get headers firt then a lid. I say that because the ls1 has alot more restrictions in the exhaust then the intake in stock form. This is espeically true with 01s and 02s due to the ls6 intake. Headers with a 3 inch y pipe and the LM u already have is capable of 20-25 up gains since u already have an ls6 intake and porter TB your intake is in good shape and I garentee those stock manifolds and ipipe are costing u power

Ofcourse if u can do a lid and headers that would be best
how much are u looking to spend
Old 07-29-2007, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

Reason I say headers first, is that you already have the TB ported. To work well, it should have a FULL exhaust done. If you put the lid on, through the stock manifolds, your leaving things on the table awaiting the next set of mods. Exhaust, let it out, THEN stuff more in. Headers and Y. All the way.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Actually the 01-02 exhaust manifolds flow better than previous years, if your on a budget and not doing heads/cam in the near future, just get ORY if you don't need cats, and get the lid-should be one of your first mods. See sig. same mods worked for me, on my 01SSM6 .
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

If i was you i would go get a lid with a good filter.
Then your next mod should be SUBFRAME CONNECTORS. They are a must.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Stock filters flow fine for the HP really... Lid mod and exhaust would be the best... I still am not sold on mid tubes, but if your going for a lowered car... I guess.

I guess it would depend on what you WANT from your next mod... SOTP or stiffer chassis?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Default thanks alot guys...

i think just bc of the the HP/$$ ratio im going to go with a Lid then maybe an FTRA... im going to wait on the Macs because im in NY and i need cats.. visual and sniffer tests here... im going to try and find a good set used on this forum... i really don't want to shell out 800 for Mids new... its my DD and its an A4... i don't want to get a TC... i know that for a fact.. i just want a semi-power increase... probably going to get a Lid... FTRA.. Headers... and then leave my car alone for the most part.. maybe a slight cam upgrade if my wallet is having a good month lol... thx alot guys... by the way.. what numbers do u think i'll be putting down with these mods

1. SLP Lid
2. Ported TB
3. FTRA
4. Mac Mids w/ Cats
5. SLP LM II

i wanna try to squeeze out 340 rwhp...
Old 07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by courtneyh28
your next mod should be SUBFRAME CONNECTORS. They are a must.
You are kidding right?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Default ha

ya i dont see subframe connecters being a complete necessity yet... but your opinion is appreciated lol