Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty,

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty,

i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i was wondering what mods i can do to my 02 z28 with out voiding warranty, besides cat back and CAI LID etc. the whole reason for this when i bought my car, i also purchased a warranty, and on a whole other note, what would be the best way to get this car in the mid 12s how much hp do you guys think it will take to get that low,
Old 07-29-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

dry shot of nitrous. They'd never know unless you **** it up. If you aren't a wuss, you can do whatever you want to your car. They have to prove that your modifications to the car caused a failure when you go in for warranty repair.

If you want to be safe, call the dealer and ask what you can do.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
dry shot of nitrous. They'd never know unless you **** it up. If you aren't a wuss, you can do whatever you want to your car. They have to prove that your modifications to the car caused a failure when you go in for warranty repair.

If you want to be safe, call the dealer and ask what you can do.
Absolutly retarded. You can not do anything to your vehicle if you don't want to void warrenty. SOME GM parts are approved, but THEY must install them. The dealer will do anything to get out of paying for something that is broken.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blueeyeddevil141
Absolutly retarded. You can not do anything to your vehicle if you don't want to void warrenty. SOME GM parts are approved, but THEY must install them. The dealer will do anything to get out of paying for something that is broken.
Do you even know how a dealership works?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, just the fact of taking your car onto the dragstrip voids your warraty!

Yes, you need to get 'caught', and they need to proce it - but my point is, even that can void the warranty.

Like most everyone else above has already stated, if you want to maintain yoru warranty there isnt much you should be doing to your car, and the dealerships will try to get out of as much as possible! They work 'for' GM not for you.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Mod it any turn it back to stock if you have to have any warranty work. Thats what I did AND my warranty company let a sponsor do the work and they got me a brand new engine.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I honestly would say just do some bolt-ons. Maybe an LS6 intake, ported TB, exhaust. That won't get probably get you into the mid-12s, but those things are easily removed and keep the stockers around just in case.

A dry 100shot wouldn't be a bad idea, but I have seen some unexperienced people do the install and mess it up badly. It's up to you on that. Just be sneaky and don't spray a ton if you do go the nitrous route. It would be the easiest way IMO to get to your goal, and it's extremely cheap...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Ask yourself this..do you really want the clowns at the stealership touching your car...MOD away!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every dealer is nothing but a joke. Pretty much if you do anything to your car they will blame that for the problem. They will do anything in their power to screw ya in the end. Anyway the dealers I have delt with can't be trusted.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we still have warranties available on our cars?
Old 04-15-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
this is incorrect! if its a aftermarket warranty and add ons can void it - headers, CAI, Nitrous? HELL NO read the fine print - I used to work for a extended warranty they can and will deny a claim due to modifications
trust me on that.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mvvette97
Every dealer is nothing but a joke. Pretty much if you do anything to your car they will blame that for the problem. They will do anything in their power to screw ya in the end. Anyway the dealers I have delt with can't be trusted.
I am sorry all the dealers are a joke. We spend countless hours learning how to be a joke, or become a joke. I don't understasnd this screwing you talk about. The easiest most cost effective way to buy a new car is cash. Many of you *** clowns don't pay your bills yet expect the auto dealers to find a bank willing to lend you money. Used cars are snow flakes. None of the reference books magazines banks that inform, you, our customers will ever cut you a check for the value they put on anything.

If your attitude is ALL dealers are nothing but a joke. Please stay the hell off of my lot.

Jakes Dad
Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Id alot rather buy a car from a reputable dealer than a private party. A REPUTABLE dealer will back you if anything happens after the sale(engine, trans, ect). Thats what the dealership does that I work at. Might cost in the short run, but keeping customers happy bring other customers in, and on and on.

Dont be stupid and take your aftermarket parts off before you take it in. End of story.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
I am sorry all the dealers are a joke. We spend countless hours learning how to be a joke, or become a joke. I don't understasnd this screwing you talk about. The easiest most cost effective way to buy a new car is cash. Many of you *** clowns don't pay your bills yet expect the auto dealers to find a bank willing to lend you money. Used cars are snow flakes. None of the reference books magazines banks that inform, you, our customers will ever cut you a check for the value they put on anything.

If your attitude is ALL dealers are nothing but a joke. Please stay the hell off of my lot.

Jakes Dad
well i take it back, I had one dealer take care of me when they tore off my rocker on the vette so they did ok except for the careless part. The other dealer I took the vette to get the column lock recall just lied to my face sayin they did it when I know for a fact that they didn't. I even took the car back to them and asked them to show me the part that was supposed to be installed. They wouldn't even come out and look. I had to just buy the k harness myself and do the recall since the dealer must not of been smart enough to do it. Oh, that doesn't include some punk in the shop putting his greasy *** hands all over the paint.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

You really cant do much, if they suspect anything they can just void the warranty, thats what my buddy at Chevy told me