Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Half clutch pressure

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half clutch pressure

I just purchased my first manual car, a Z28 Camaro with an LS1. It has about 53000 miles on it and all seems to work fine except one thing. during normal driving everything slides easy and works good. but yesturday for the first time the clutch pedal got stuck half way in. I figured no big deal and i pulled the clutch back to its normal position with the top of my foot. but today it did it one more time. here is the series of events

!!From a dig!!
Fast Acceleration (Just Before Red Line Shift)
Clutch in
Shift
Very Slow release
Fast Acceleration
Left off throttle
Go to shift
Clutch is stuck Half way in

Any ideas would be helpful. I have a feeling i may have to replace the clutch so if you have any recomendations of a good replacement clutch for a 2000 Z28 Camaro with MAF, Loudmouth, Coldair induction, let me know

EDIT:: I noticed the thread at the top of this forum about a sticky clutch. Unfortunaly im pretty new to mods and wouldnt feel comfortably drilling holes in my car at this point. Would any shop like muffler man do a job like the Drill mod or bleed my lines for pretty cheap?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your clutch fluid is what i would start with. Look on Ranger's website and itll tell you how to do that. has work for me as i had the same problem every once and awhile