General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

[look] Car Wont Start!!! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [look] Car Wont Start!!! Help!

ok. first at WOT the motor would hesitate and guages would go all crazy, so i checked all the grounds (hopefully got them all) and seems to be ok. next day the car wouldnt even start. i gave up on it for a few months and am back at it. i took her to a local shop and they said i have a failed fuel pump, $1200 for parts and labor! so i swapped out the fuel pump myself with a racetronix i also i changed the plugs and wires. charged up the battery and tried starting it, still, it wont start, the starter engages, im sure the fuel pump works. the motor turns over but nothing. i did notice that the guages when the ignition is on, the hazard are lit solid and when i turn off the ignition the rpm and speedo needles go crazy for a little bit. anyone know what the problem might be?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd first check to see if you have fuel pressure. unscrew the cap at the tip of the fuel rail and press in on the valve. be sure to have a rag handy. no idea about the gauges
Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

done just that, squirts real nicely... im guessing gremlins in my wires, im gonna clean up inside the fuse boxes.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check the grounds (3) behind the drivers side head????? Also, it could just be your fuel pump relay. Switch your relays....... Take your A/C relay and switch it with the fuel pump relay. They are the same relays.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dmoney
Did you check the grounds (3) behind the drivers side head????? Also, it could just be your fuel pump relay. Switch your relays....... Take your A/C relay and switch it with the fuel pump relay. They are the same relays.

done both...still same isht. i guess i gotta take it to a shop, again.