Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will spark plugs effect a tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will spark plugs effect a tune

Hello, I'm trying to dial in my tune, but I read somewhere that using a different heat range of spark plug can make a big difference in your tune. I planned on running N2O in the future so switched to TR6's when I swapped headders earlier. How would this change my tune when NOT running N2O?

I seem to be getting very slight KR at stock timing. My AFR is good and it happens randomly at varied RPMs. Could the plugs have anything to do with this? I'm having a hard time figuring this one out.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How slight? I have been told that 2* is the max before you need to adjust the tuning. I had nitrous on my Formula when it was stock. I changed my plugs from the factory Densos to a set of Autolites that was one heat range cooler. The motor seemed to idle and run alittle smoother.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Usually 1 degree or less, sometimes I will get 2-4 degrees but it's very rare. It happens in the middle of the pull and doesn't last long at all. When I get home I will post a couple of logs up so you can see. The plugs I'm running are 1 heat range colder for N2O, but I've haven't bought a kit to run N2O yet.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Running a cooler plug can richen your AFR some.