Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust Help Please!

I have an 02' SS with Pacesetter LT's, Custom ORY, and a dynomax bullet muffler. I want to run an electric cutout and a quieter muffler for dd. Although, being that my car is lowered, I want to run a bullet muffler so I don't have to worry about clearance. After doing some research, I have come to understand that the borla xr-1 #40085 is probably my best bet to quiet things down a bit so I don't have to worry about cops. Am I right? Any suggestions or input is appreciated...

Last edited by FadedSS; 08-01-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

please help guys. I am looking for the quietest bullet muffler possible that still flows well...
Old 08-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Since you live in California you should put the cats back on and a 50 state legal catback. Then install the cutout, because once inspection time rolls around you are going to fail. This way you get your sound and best flow possible with the cutout.

The Borla muffler is the quietest of the bullet mufflers yes, but bullet mufflers are much louder than regular mufflers. You will still be attracting lots of attention with it. Installing cats may solve that problem though.

Travis
Old 08-01-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input Travis.. I am not worried about smog or inspections just dont want to attract unwanted attention because my car is too loud...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

I heard the borla is a very hard fit in the I pipe area. But if you put it where the stock exhaust should have been you should be fine. Borla plus another resonator in the I pipe should do the trick for you.

Travis