Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone elses Jet-Hot LT's rust up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone elses Jet-Hot LT's rust up?

Just wondering if many others have had their Jet-Hot LT's rust up on them...mine crapped out after the first couple of years! I just found out they have a 3-yr corrosion warranty, but I bought mine brand new off a board member and dont have any receipts...so they are saying I am out of luck!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midnite_LS1
Just wondering if many others have had their Jet-Hot LT's rust up on them...mine crapped out after the first couple of years! I just found out they have a 3-yr corrosion warranty, but I bought mine brand new off a board member and dont have any receipts...so they are saying I am out of luck!
I'm not surprised... these days if you don't have a receipt, the friggin name could be stamped on there and the manufacturer still wouldn't back up their product It's their way to take your money and bend you over when you need their help...
Old 08-01-2007, 02:07 AM
TECH Addict

all NON stainless headers rust! coated or not
Old 08-01-2007, 02:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I'm not surprised... these days if you don't have a receipt, the friggin name could be stamped on there and the manufacturer still wouldn't back up their product It's their way to take your money and bend you over when you need their help...
yeah I agree...maybe a board member who no longer owns their Jet-Hot LT's, bought them within the 3yr warranty period and still has their receipt will hook me up!

They also told me that if I didnt have my receipt, they could look it up by the name of the 3rd party vendor they were originally purchased from...
Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
all NON stainless headers rust! coated or not
+1. I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but, for the most part, you get what you pay for. Mild steel will rust and even coated headers will still be affected by corrosion over time. It will likely depend on the climate you drive the car in. If you live on the coast or in the snow where there is a lot of salt in the environment then the chances are that coated headers will end up like yours. If a person plans on keeping their car for a long time, and live in these kinds of environments, stainless is probably a better investment. Stainless steel will rust too, but it is only superficial and will not be detrimental to the integrity of the metal.

It mostly comes down to how much money a person is willing to spend on a set of headers.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a used set that's got some rust forming where the
primaries hit the collector. Some day I'l hit it with high temp
POR-15 but it's not something that concerns me much. Even
if I had bought 'em new it wouldn't be worth the trouble of
R&Ring them, just for cosmetics.