Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rough idle LS1 and service engine light?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default rough idle LS1 and service engine light?

i posted this in the general repair forum, but it hasnt got any response, so i figured id try here.

last night i noticed on my way home, my car at idle at a light, was kind of idling rough, between 400-600 rpm up and down, and at some points felt like it was about to die, i didnt think much of it cause i was tired, but this morning when i left for work i noticed it was doing the same thing, only when i was about a block away from work, it threw a service engine soon light. the car is stock other than a lid that i put on a month or so ago, and open y pipe. it has 95,000 on the clock now, any ideas what it could be? it hasnt had plugs and wires in a long time, but i doubt thats it..
Old 08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
i posted this in the general repair forum, but it hasnt got any response, so i figured id try here.

last night i noticed on my way home, my car at idle at a light, was kind of idling rough, between 400-600 rpm up and down, and at some points felt like it was about to die, i didnt think much of it cause i was tired, but this morning when i left for work i noticed it was doing the same thing, only when i was about a block away from work, it threw a service engine soon light. the car is stock other than a lid that i put on a month or so ago, and open y pipe. it has 95,000 on the clock now, any ideas what it could be? it hasnt had plugs and wires in a long time, but i doubt thats it..
My best guess at 95k and running with an open Y is you need new oxygen sensors, but dont buy anything till you get that ses light code read, that will tell you whats worng.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Like stated above get the ses light read, it should be free from a parts store of even a dealer should scan it for free for you and give the code, it takes 10 seconds.