Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How does this setup look?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How does this setup look?

Ok I been toying with ideas on my setup. Please feel free to critique it. I have SLP headers so i'm not going to lower my car. So i'm thinking of buying Bilstein HD's and holding off on new springs for a little bit(I plan on getting them eventually). My problem is i have tubular non-adjustable LCA's & tubular non adjustable PHB. I have SFC's also. I was thinking of just adding a 32mm front sway bar and leaving the rear sway bar stock. I don't know if i wanna spend the money for sam's sways. Is adding the sway bar and shocks the best way to go right now or should i be doing something different? I appreciate all input.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

If you aren't going to get any roll control help with springs, it means you need as much as you can get from the bars (mostly the front one). I find it odd when you say you aren't sure if you want to spend the money for mine. Ok, but I don't think anyone will give you others for free. You'll be spending money on something, right?

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've heard nothing but good things about your bars. I just wasn't sure i wanted to spend that much money right now. They are not over priced either. I was just thinking of getting a new front sway bar and springs this winter. Note: I won't be putting very many more miles on it at all till winter time so it wont' be without the springs for long if this is the way i go about it.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

I didn't think you were bashing.... I was being the devil's advocate.....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chadnol10
Ok I been toying with ideas on my setup. Please feel free to critique it. I have SLP headers so i'm not going to lower my car. So i'm thinking of buying Bilstein HD's and holding off on new springs for a little bit(I plan on getting them eventually). My problem is i have tubular non-adjustable LCA's & tubular non adjustable PHB. I have SFC's also. I was thinking of just adding a 32mm front sway bar and leaving the rear sway bar stock. I don't know if i wanna spend the money for sam's sways. Is adding the sway bar and shocks the best way to go right now or should i be doing something different? I appreciate all input.
You spent a ton of money on a corsa catback, but you want to save a few bucks on swaybars? (something your going to really notice)