Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What block to use

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What block to use

HI, My two sons and I are new to the LS1 motors. We want to do a turbo LS1 with the power to put a #3300 regal in the mid eights. We are considering using the new LSX block but have concerns with extra weight on the front of the car. From what I understand the truck block is close to the same weight. What would be the best block to use considering weight and reliability. Would we be able to use the aluminum block with its 4 bolts per cyl. at this power level with any kind of reliability? Any thoughts.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Harrington
HI, My two sons and I are new to the LS1 motors. We want to do a turbo LS1 with the power to put a #3300 regal in the mid eights. We are considering using the new LSX block but have concerns with extra weight on the front of the car. From what I understand the truck block is close to the same weight. What would be the best block to use considering weight and reliability. Would we be able to use the aluminum block with its 4 bolts per cyl. at this power level with any kind of reliability? Any thoughts.
I contacted texas-speed about my set-up and I ended up going with the L-92 motor....my motor is suppose to handle 1600 hp and I believe if you made that kind of power the mid 8's shouldn't be a problem....I would contact them or some other site supporter about your goals....it shouldn't be a with an aluminum block....

Quick Reply: What block to use