Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Got A Peek At The Hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Got A Peek At The Hood

Hood's no longer black!

I went to the paint shop a few minutes ago and the prep work was awesome. The completed job was perfect ... thanks to Scott and the guys down at Bill Heard Chevrolet's Collision center. I'll be pickin' her up at 5:00 today. Damn! ... she's lookin' good!

Posting pics this weekend after I get the Blackbird stripes on the hood.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Hood's no longer black!

I went to the paint shop a few minutes ago and the prep work was awesome. The completed job was perfect ... thanks to Scott and the guys down at Bill Heard Chevrolet's Collision center. I'll be pickin' her up at 5:00 today. Damn! ... she's lookin' good!

Posting pics this weekend after I get the Blackbird stripes on the hood.
Sounds good....are you sure you want to put stripes on the hood so soon after having it painted?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Paint was baked to the nth degree and so was the clearcoat, so, I don't see a prob with it. Heat won't be a prob and the paint is lifetime guaranteed, so, why would putting on stirpes be a problem?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill heard in plant city?
Old 08-03-2007, 05:07 AM
TECH Addict

In Sanford ... sits right by I-4 accross from the Seminole Towne Center mall. Over in Longwood, Courtesy Buick-Pontiac refused to guarantee their work and made it really clear they didn't want to take on the job.

I walked in and spoke with Scott at Bill Heard Chevy collision center and he immediately worked me up an estimate and invited me to encourage anyone else needing paint done to feel free to talk to him.

Instead of telling me they wouldn't guarantee the paint because it's an aftermarket hood, Scott immediately told me he guarantees it for life. He also has his own side business building Toyota super trucks. I've heard he's good at it, as well.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 08-03-2007 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Spelling