View Full Version : what do you experts think??

fortheluckyones
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
I would like to know what some of your opinion's are. I was in a wreck about 3 months ago and my car has just been sitting there since, it has been for sale but i haven't had any serious lookers and im getting tired of paying storage on it. I know you can't see much detail in pictures but I thought I would post up a couple pictures and see what you professional or non professional paint and body guys/girls? thought it would cost me to fix it. Here's some pictures. Thanks a lot for any imput/advice ya'll have!!! :)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/alteredimensions/IMG_0001-6.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/alteredimensions/IMG_0002-6.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/alteredimensions/IMG_0003-2.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/alteredimensions/IMG_0007-2.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/alteredimensions/IMG_0008-1.jpg

johnson7454
08-03-2007, 01:14 AM
should be able to just buy a junk yard front clip and bolt right back up there....as for the rest of the damage...was the radiator pushed against the pulleys? Sometimes that can cause internal damage when a engine is stopped like that....as for price i wouldn't know..good luck

fortheluckyones
08-03-2007, 04:03 AM
what about the front core support though? i know in that third picture you can see the frame up there is totally fubard, how would you go about fixing that? The radiator WAS pushed back but i dont think it smashed the pullies.

fast377
08-03-2007, 09:06 AM
A shop would charge a good bit to fix that...2K+ easy. As long as just the core support and everything in front is smashed, it's not that big of a deal to fix. Once you wad up the strut towers and frame rails though, it becomes a headache. If you knew a good body guy that does stuff on the side you might be able to get it done pretty reasonable.

Whistler
08-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Shooting from the hip I'd say around 4-4500 with frame machine time, a new radiator support, all the brackets and supports underneath the front clip, and new body pieces.

fortheluckyones
08-03-2007, 09:51 AM
basically what im wanting to do here is this. It's already just sitting in storage, so im going to just take everything off the front that is smashed..the hood, front bumper, both front 1/4 panels, headlights, radiator, everything that got broken....and just over the next year piece by piece get the new parts to fix it. I have a buddy that knows a guy that does body work so i might be able to get a break on that....so for JUST the frame part of it one you says 2k+ and the other says 4-4500...is that for everything or just the frame straightening part?? I figure i could find all the body parts like the hood and bumpers either at junk yard or on here pretty cheap.

Whistler
08-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm saying 4000-4500 for the whole job.

Whistler
08-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Did the bags blow? Is the car an A4 or M6?

fortheluckyones
08-03-2007, 10:00 AM
yep...bags blew. I heard those were around 1k a piece to replace or something?

Whistler
08-03-2007, 10:06 AM
You can get them on Ebay fairly cheap... but the passenger one is part of the dashboard, so you have to replace the entire dash. It's a pain, and combined with the damage on the front it's just not worth fixing. Part that car out and buy a new one.

fortheluckyones
08-03-2007, 10:13 AM
hmm i figured i would have to replace the dash....what do you think i could get parting it out? im not getting any hits at all selling as a whole. Because i dont really have the time or place to put it while i pull the motor and all that jazz. Thats why i was wanting to sell as a whole...grrrr

Whistler
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Gotcha. Is it an A4?

fortheluckyones
08-03-2007, 10:20 AM
yep it's an A4

Whistler
08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Hmmm.... It's not really worth a ton in parts either. If you have the time to wait for good deals on all the parts, you could fix it for about $1500 in parts. That's with all used parts except a new GM core support (they're 400$) Figure 4 hours frame time@ 40 an hour. You could have it running with no paint for under 2K with a lot of your time invested.

Teri9672
08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
did you not have insurance?

RickyMartinZ28
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I'd like to aquire that, Shoot me a PM with a price.

Fast_94_Z
08-03-2007, 08:26 PM
i hate to break it to you buddy but the cars totaled. new hood, new bumper cover,replace shock absorber, replace all bracketry for the bumper blend of fenders(if not damaged) if damaged paint and possible blend on the doors, new headlights, new headlight housings and covers, paint the headlamp covers, replace headlamp motors, new radiator core support, paint the core support, replace intake, replace intake assembly, replace air bags(probabally the whole dash pad), replace new license plate slot cover, replace windshield fluid bottle, replace windshield washer bottle holder, replace radiator shroud. thats just shit i can see from the pic, i guarentee if i took that apart i would find another million and one things. just remember your gunna have to pay for antifreeze, all hardware(clips, bolts,shims,brackets, etc) that was lost and or damaged, now to paint that at a shop your looking at like 2 grand +. id say your grand total to fix all that would be around 12000+ and thats if the frame rails are ok. if not add about 2 grand to pull them and fix everything. and buddy i guarentee theres some suspension and steering work that needs to be done. if you have anymore questions email me at glowstickkid911@aol.com

vetman1
08-04-2007, 07:07 PM
i hate to break it to you buddy but the cars totaled. new hood, new bumper cover,replace shock absorber, replace all bracketry for the bumper blend of fenders(if not damaged) if damaged paint and possible blend on the doors, new headlights, new headlight housings and covers, paint the headlamp covers, replace headlamp motors, new radiator core support, paint the core support, replace intake, replace intake assembly, replace air bags(probabally the whole dash pad), replace new license plate slot cover, replace windshield fluid bottle, replace windshield washer bottle holder, replace radiator shroud. thats just shit i can see from the pic, i guarentee if i took that apart i would find another million and one things. just remember your gunna have to pay for antifreeze, all hardware(clips, bolts,shims,brackets, etc) that was lost and or damaged, now to paint that at a shop your looking at like 2 grand +. id say your grand total to fix all that would be around 12000+ and thats if the frame rails are ok. if not add about 2 grand to pull them and fix everything. and buddy i guarentee theres some suspension and steering work that needs to be done. if you have anymore questions email me at glowstickkid911@aol.com

WTF?? : What is the labor rate in your area $300.00 per hour? :gtfo:

fortheluckyones
08-05-2007, 12:07 AM
I was thinking the same thing vetman1...i just didnt say anything! 12k? seriously ...X2 :gtfo:

Fast_94_Z
08-05-2007, 12:20 AM
actually i was just throwing a guesstimate out there but i was way off. i dunno im thinking more around 6K now after doing a little research. it could actually now that im thinking about it be a little more though because i cant see if the fenders got pushed into the doors, and if thats the case they have to be fixed and painted. u cant tell if theres frame damage. i mean its hard to tell so i apologize for the out there number. send me more detailed pics and ill see what i can do with my mitchell book.

fortheluckyones
08-05-2007, 12:15 PM
okay...fast_94_z...i hate to break it to YOU, but I will stick with someone else's quote that actually has somewhat of an idea what they are doing or at least sounds like they know what they are talking about. Please, dont post unless you are 100% sure of what you are saying. I am no body expert but im also not stupid either, i know that it wont cost me 6k to fix my car.

Fast_94_Z
08-05-2007, 08:26 PM
my buddies ws6 was all cosmetic. he needed a new front bumper cover(), new impact absorber, 2 headlamp covers, new hood, and 2 new fenders. all that got painted and the doors got blent in the front. then all the molding had to be retaped. and after i looked at his car i found some unbuffed spots and being that its black its swirly as hell. that was just local shop around here to. it ran about 2500k after labor and tax and all that crap. your job is much bigger but good luck with getting it fixed.

fortheluckyones
08-06-2007, 01:16 AM
i have lots of contacts to get all the paint and body work done for a *very* reasonable price...

vetman1
08-06-2007, 05:38 PM
With scrounging some used parts you should get it fixed between $3500.00 to $5000.00 depending on parts prices. You can get a used front innerstructure cut at the shock towers for nore more than $150.00 bags and a dash should be no more than $250 and that would be high I have a set from a 97 with dash but I am not sure they are the same. I would get the car brought to your house or somewhere so that the storage would not eat you alive. If you were closer I could get you back on the road again realatively reasonable. If you have any questions or need to know where to find used parts shoot me a pm and I can help. Good luck

4mula4ever
08-06-2007, 05:49 PM
if you decide to part it i'd be interested in the rims. Just htrowing that out there.

jester1614
08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
just letting you know I will have a parts to tear apart on wednesday. 95 formy airbags are good and dash is in good condition as well as front end parts ie core suport. pm me if you are interested in some parts. car will be in wa.

Fast_94_Z
08-06-2007, 10:10 PM
well good man, get that car fixed so its back on the road. if you can get deals awesome, my price was on worst case scenario and brand new gm parts.

chromeplated500
08-14-2007, 08:07 PM
i would say 4k... but you could get a complete front clip and dash for under $1000 i would guess... but i think you'll just need to keep an eye out... or sell it as a parts car. because 4k is totalled material. Did you have insurance?????????

infinitebird
08-15-2007, 10:16 AM
I agree it will be around 4k. I was in a similar wreck (front clip, front support, etc) and that was around what it was to fix.

JRracing
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
I would try to find a frt clip so you get everything you need. Tear it down yourself so it can be fully inspected. Then it looks like it needs a little frame time and then weld the core support from the old clip on it. This is the hardest part of the job. It will take some time to cut the old core support off of the clip. From there it's down hill. Just edging parts in and hanging them. Then get it ready for paint.

I would charge about 3500 to 4K with your clip you supply. There's a lot of labor there. And about 500 in materials said and done.

Pro-Mo
08-17-2007, 10:03 PM
You can get them on Ebay fairly cheap... but the passenger one is part of the dashboard, so you have to replace the entire dash. It's a pain, and combined with the damage on the front it's just not worth fixing. Part that car out and buy a new one.
What he said