Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help! Speed Sensor not working MPH wont work!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Help! Speed Sensor not working MPH wont work!

Got the car back from the Shop a couple weeks ago, and noticed the MPH werent working. But the RPM's do... Well.. I called the shop back and told them. They just told me to bring the car back and it would be a quick fix. Well I havent had the time to take it recently and now the shop has been busy. So every time I take the car they say they wont be able to get to it until they get the other cars off of the car lift. So my question is... How hard is it to switch the speed sensor on a T56? I went by Autozone and asked them a couple questions and asked them to look up the part number. but they guy said it comes up with nothing. He said he only was able to find the sensor for a a4 tranny. Id like to try and get this fixed tomorrow now that I have a day off. Please help!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MPH stopped working on my car, but my tach still worked fine...turned out to be a fuse.....try that before you swap the sensor....
Old 08-05-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok, going to replace all fuses today. what fuse box would it be? The ones in the engine bay right? Thanks!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

im having the same problem but i checked all my fuses and they are all good. but i also cannot get into reverse.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackZLS1
im having the same problem but i checked all my fuses and they are all good. but i also cannot get into reverse.
my reverse has got alot harder to put into aswell. Now sometimes I catch myself using two hands to switch it into reverse. Damn my tranny is messed up! its like I fix one thing just so two more things can brake. when will it end!
Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bLkWdOw SS
my reverse has got alot harder to put into aswell. Now sometimes I catch myself using two hands to switch it into reverse. Damn my tranny is messed up! its like I fix one thing just so two more things can brake. when will it end!
You sure it's not something easier? Like the reverse solenoid? Or possibly low fluids? Double check everything
Old 08-05-2007, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

can a reverse solenoid and speed sensor effect each other if one is bad?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

mine turned out my reluctor ring that runs the speed sensor was not installed in the proper position. simple fix though. i even replaced the speed sensor before i discovered this. btw, your reverse solenoid will lockout if it doesnt detect a vehicle speed.

Quick Reply: Help! Speed Sensor not working MPH wont work!