General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car hestitates now and again

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car hestitates now and again

Ok so I just finished replacing the clutch, master, and slave and went to drive it around the other day, got suck in a straight up down pour and went through a pretty good puddle. Later that day all dried up had to run to the parts store and the car boggs down for a couple seconds then comes right back to normal, along with a flashing SES light. Went to autozone to check the codes and he guy said it had two codes one was for an O2 sensor and the other was ***. to the first, he wouldn't clear them so got a friend to clear them for me. Seafoamed the car the next day and on the way how from the shop bam SES light again and the car starts to bogg down at the begining of gears then comes back to normal, but when the car is at idle no SES light. As far as I know this was the first time the car had been seafoamed and these are the original O2s with approx 90K on them. Probabaly going to change the O2s the week when I get some time just to see if that fixes it. A friend of mine gave me a set of bosch O2s from his mustang that he didn't need and had hardly been used, they are a three wire style will they work? can't remember if ours are three or not but I think they are. Called around town, can get bosch for 140 +tax, universal for 100 + tax I got LTs with no extensions, just wired in some extra wire for the needed length
need some input
thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

mileage? I'm bettin you're going to need coil packs pretty soon. Funny thing is, I just had a clutch put in about a month or two ago and I mean damn near right on the 500 mile break in period my car starts sputtering and bogging. about two weeks of trouble shooting later I swapped out plugs, wires, and coil packs. The spark plugs on the pass side were BLACK and the driver's side plugs were ok. I had an exhaust leak that came from one of those A.I.R. connections at the front of the header and that fouled them.

Long story short swap coil packs.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

plugs and wires are fairly fresh, probably wouldn't hurt to change plugs again..

why would coil packs give me O2 codes????
Old 08-07-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

The bogging down issue is possibly coil pack related
Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car did the same thing when my pass side O2 "eh hem" wasnt working properly. I had an O2 sim in the primary spot. My car did the same exact thing though.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:51 AM
12 Second Club

yeah so i went again yesturday had the code read p1153 HO2S B1 & S1

had the code cleared disconnected the battery and changed both O2 sensors, all was good till about ten miles later, SES light came back and flashes, then goes out, then comes back, goes out and stays out at idle

running out of ideas
Old 08-15-2007, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Is your egr stick leaking? Mine was and giving me a ses light. I pulled out
the egr stick and replaced hole in intake manifold with 1 1/2" dia.
plumbing part. The car now idles smooth with no ses light. If you don't want to do this you can get a new gasket for the egr stick.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

How fresh is your fuel filter? My car was doing the same thing. I replaced my fuel filter and it eliminated the hesitation.