Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok guys here is one for yea A/C & Cruise Control

Old 08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ok guys here is one for yea A/C & Cruise Control

My cars A/C and Cruise is not working. Neither one come on. I have not been able to trouble shoot the power to it yet. The relay is good the fuse is good and from what I can tell the HVAC control is good as well since everything else is working. My problem is the compressor does not come on when I put it to A/C. When driving the Cruise does not work. They both tie into the same relay under the hood. I need some imput as to what I may have missed or if there is something someone else may have run into on this.

Also someone hook me up with some schematics if they can so I can run the wires from the HVAC, PCM, Condenssor you get the idea

Thanks

Damon
Old 08-05-2007, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if they both go into that relay, and they are both not working, what makes you think the relay is not bad?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Veteran

I swapped it with a good one that I know works. It's the same relay as several other ones in there.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Are the connections clean where the relay goes? It just doesn't sound right if they both do not work and go to that relay. Did they both stop working at the same time?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Yea they all look good. I think I got a break in the wire somewhere or a lose ground.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

So then they stopped working at the same time then? I'm not sure, but there are some fusable links by the fuse boxes. If someone can get you the schematics see if there is a fusable link inline somewhere.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Yea it all stopped at once. I need to see the wire schematics to see what I need to troubleshoot with the wires to figure it out. I know its not vacum i can hear taht working in the cab, and the blowers all work when i turn them on just the compressor does not kick in. I may just take it to the damn dealer lol.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
My cars A/C and Cruise is not working. Neither one come on. I have not been able to trouble shoot the power to it yet. The relay is good the fuse is good and from what I can tell the HVAC control is good as well since everything else is working. My problem is the compressor does not come on when I put it to A/C. When driving the Cruise does not work. They both tie into the same relay under the hood. I need some imput as to what I may have missed or if there is something someone else may have run into on this.

Also someone hook me up with some schematics if they can so I can run the wires from the HVAC, PCM, Condenssor you get the idea

Thanks

Damon

The cruise control ties in for power between the relay and the fuse.

so they both tie into the same fuse. Use a dmm and check to see if your getting power to one of the sides of the fuse when the key is on.

Take the fuse out stick a paper clip end in one side of the fuse measure from there to a clean chassis ground or peice of metal you should have about 12V on one side of the fuse with the key on.

That fuse also supplies power to the cruise control module.

Last edited by shotty128; 08-07-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

The fuse is good I get 12V at the box. I need to know where the wire goes from that fuse. I got a break/short soemthing after the fuse. And I am not goingt o pull the entire bundle just to chase that wire.

Does any one have shcematics so I can trouble shoot these?

Search this Thread