Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

problem with battery and air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question problem with battery and air conditioning

hey i have a problem with battery and air conditioning....tonight i started up my car and it wouldnt start up so i tried it again it start up(it didnt start up right away) and the battery level is right at 13 so then i turned off the air conditioning the battery level went to 14 which where its suppose to be right?! then i drove home from the gym with the air conditioning off and while i was driving i tried the air conditioning back on ...the car almost stall out on me so i turned it off again....what is the problem? is it battery or something with the air conditioning thanks for your help
Old 08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

it sounds like your battery, i would go to Auto Zone or something of that nature and have them test your battery, alt, ect.... before spend any money just to make sure

and make sure your power and ground wires to your battery are clean and hooked up tight
Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Teching In

sounds like it your alternator. when you cut your A/C on your alternator has to work a little harder. do a volt test on your battery when the car is off it should be 12.4,12.5, or higher is good. then crank up your car and do a volt test while the car is running that should be 14.4, 14.5 around there. if its in the 14.5 range your alternator should be good. if you dont know how to do a volts test, take it to autozone or a parts store.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Teching In

okay i will do that thanks guys ill let u know what goin on in a couple days