Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calibrated Success Tuning Class

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calibrated Success Tuning Class

Anyone have any feedback? I am going to head up to OH to get some training and wanted to see if anyone has taken it. I am looking into doing some freelance tuning on the side after I gain all the needed skills plus my car has Bigstuff3 and will be a good starting point. Does Steve Petty or any of the BS3 guys offer a train class? CS is around Hptuners but also gives you the basic insight of tuning which alot of good tuners lack so I see and hear. To many times have I heard about peoples cars getting blown up due to bad tuning.

In line for me soon to come is.

EFI Live
Bigstuff3
HPtuners
SCT

BTW yes I am a nerd somewhat and quite book smart and learn really fast
Old 08-06-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have also looked into this. http://www.efi101.com/efi101.html
Old 08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thte Calibrated Success class integrates hptuners software as well as SCT if im not mistaken & also covers the basics of tuning...its definitely a good class and has had nothing but good reviews from what I've seen.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool. I want a good starting point.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes, Greg has a great class going on. I attended his SEMA session about a year ago, very worthwhile. You will get a better understanding of EFI in general and how it interacts with sensors and theories.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for a good book on EFI to start learning to tune. This class sounds like it's great. I noticed the instructor also has a book out as well. Is this the book that's used in the class? If so, is there a lot of info in the class that's not covered in the book?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the Calibrated Success class with Greg and it was great. It really tied together everything I learned on my own and filled in some holes in areas where I needed help. He also did live on dyno demonstrations. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to get into tuning.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino
I've been looking for a good book on EFI to start learning to tune. This class sounds like it's great. I noticed the instructor also has a book out as well. Is this the book that's used in the class? If so, is there a lot of info in the class that's not covered in the book?
Yes I believe he gives you the book free for attending his class. Just being in the class & being able to do alot of the stuff hands on will help. Telling people to "read the book" or "read the stickies" doesn't always help the person answer a specific question. Or theres people like me that can read & read but until they actually do something once or twice just won't get it hehe

-Bill

PS I got to read some of the book(well more like look at the pretty pictures) and it has gobs of information within, from the basics to advanced stuff that went right over my head upon the first read...BTW if your listening Greg wheres my copy?