Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Recently moved to Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recently moved to Tampa

Hey everyone. I recently moved from Gainesville to Tampa last month and I am just getting settled in. The area of town I live in does not have too many LSX powered cars or trucks beside the odd Vette. Where does everyone live around the Tampa Bay area? I live in south Tampa in Hyde Park.

BTW, I have two quick questions:

1.) Can anyone recommend a body shop in the Bay area that does good work? I was recently rear-ended.
2.) Are there any shops around the area that work on LSX powered vehicles?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by abbo7
Hey everyone. I recently moved from Gainesville to Tampa last month and I am just getting settled in. The area of town I live in does not have too many LSX powered cars or trucks beside the odd Vette. Where does everyone live around the Tampa Bay area? I live in south Tampa in Hyde Park.

BTW, I have two quick questions:

1.) Can anyone recommend a body shop in the Bay area that does good work? I was recently rear-ended.
2.) Are there any shops around the area that work on LSX powered vehicles?
I'm a UF Student currently here in South Tampa (Hyde Park, South Howard)interning until December. Welcome!

Unfortunately in the scene isn't too good in the South Tampa area, unless you look towards Gandy. But with that you're looking with dealing with Ricers and cops. Neither of which are much fun. Mafia Motorsports (mobmototb.com) seems to be the name of the game regarding domestics in the bay area. Usually you have to drive out to Brandon or Pinellas Park for a meet though.

I'm not too familiar with shops to recommend, I'm currently hunting for a machine shop to have some heads worked on. I might be going out to a meet on Thursday in Brandon if you want to join, just shoot me a PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Have heard some really good things about this company....

Not sure how close to you they are.