Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have A Professional Products 85mm Throttle Body??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have A Professional Products 85mm Throttle Body??

http://www.lmperformance.com/16420/1.html

What do you guys think? It seems pretty inexpensive. I just ordered one and was checking to see if anyone else had one in their ride. If so, how do you like it?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

What manifold do you have? It appears from the description that it was designed for their LS1 Typhoon manifold, but might fit a FAST 90.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Teching In

I have an LS6 manifold. But it comes with an intermediate plate that works with it. Or so they say.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Staging Lane

If you have a ls6 intake(78mm), why would you buy a 85 mm tb???? You would be hurting more than helping. You would bottle neck your air flow at the intake opening, because its smaller than the tb. You would be creating unwanted turbulance in the intake. That tb is designed for their 85mm intake.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crazyfokker
If you have a ls6 intake(78mm), why would you buy a 85 mm tb???? You would be hurting more than helping. You would bottle neck your air flow at the intake opening, because its smaller than the tb. You would be creating unwanted turbulance in the intake. That tb is designed for their 85mm intake.
At the very worst, wouldn't the 85mm PP TB be just as good or better than a ported 78mm since it's polished and has the transition plate? However, I would not get it unless you wanted to figure out a way to lengthen your throttle cable a few inches. When you have a 78mm intake and use the transition plate, you have to compensate for the plate's thickness by lengthening the throttle cable. I learned this the hard way after buying one. By the way, if anyone knows a fool proof method for making the throttle cable a little longer, please share.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

Well... You wouldn't run 3'' exhaust with 2.5'' mufflers. Thats a hypothetical example but.... It dosen't matter if this throttle body comes with a transition plate or not. The "85mm" pro prod. tb is matched to use with the pro prod. "85mm" intake. Your intake will only flow as good as its smallest point. In this case... its the 78mm (ls6)intake opening. Transitioned or not, it still bottle necks your flow back down to 78mm. Therefore....not doing you any good.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The 85MM will not fit on the LS6 78MM opening. The 85MM is for use with their intakes. They do offer a 80MM one that will fit however the stock LS1 & LS6 Intake. I run one on my personal car, looks great and you can't beat them for the price. Send me a PM and I will see what we can do on the price. They are offered in Satin and Polished.

Thanks,

Chad @ Livernois Motorsports

Quick Reply: Anyone Have A Professional Products 85mm Throttle Body??