Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LM Speed Maggie Kit For F Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LM Speed Maggie Kit For F Body

Can you not use the LS6 valley cover on this kit?

Also i assume the strut bar is not able to be used?

What Fuel pump comes with it external or in tank?

Lastly Could it be painted black with hi Temp Paint?

Kyle
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97 Z Me Go
Can you not use the LS6 valley cover on this kit?

Also i assume the strut bar is not able to be used?

What Fuel pump comes with it external or in tank?

Lastly Could it be painted black with hi Temp Paint?

Kyle
No. It comes with it's own special valley cover fitted for the included O-rings

I don't think so, hood clearance may not allow it, and the blower sits kinda high right where the strut brace would go.

This is customizable, I believe that Ed uses a Racetronix 255 in-tank, but that can be changed to whatever you want to buy.

Probably, but the natural aluminum or even the polished looks really good.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:29 AM
FormerVendor

Hi Kyle,

Mark was right on on most of his answers above, except the fuel pump, we include new 42lb hr injectors, and a Magnavolt fuel pump voltage booster in the kit. We can sell you a Racetronix intank pump kit for added insurance if you like, but unless your stock pump is on it's last leg, you're not going to need it.

I think the black would look sharp, if you decide to go that route, make sure to send me some pics for my website.

Thanks for your order! now I was able to change my sig!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the replys! Ya i think its going to be painted black as i like the "stock" look of things. I have attention to detail. So is this a inline pump then?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

No, it just adds volts to your stock pump when your under boost. Just a heads up, you will need to make some spacers for the front sway bar to drop it the same amount as the k member, otherwise it will rub on the crank pully.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the tip!

Ed you were saying something about keying the crank pulley if i remember correctly?

I got everything off and ready and wating and the pcm is shipped out Hopefully the install will go smooth and it will be running by next weekend!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:56 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the tip!

Ed you were saying something about keying the crank pulley if i remember correctly?

I got everything off and ready and wating and the pcm is shipped out Hopefully the install will go smooth and it will be running by next weekend!

Yes, pinning the balancer to the crank will be needed, and everything you need is included. I made a set of swaybar spacers for you as well. We tried to address all of the little issues that some of the first guys ran into. We'll have it ready to ship for you in the morning. I'll call you then.

Thaks,
Ed
Old 08-10-2007, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Well this kit is a real treat to work with. It is not by far a bolt on kit. The throttle body doesnt fit under the hood you loose your cruse control. There isnt a place on the car that the intercooler resivor fits. I need to get a coolant crossover pipe from some LSX motor so the blower will fit on there. At this point im about ready to toss the thing in the garbage. We will see what tomorrow brings. I got the cowl area cut out. The blower sits on the intake because i took the coolant cross over tube off. I looked at how to route the intercooler hose and right now im pretty much lost.

Time to take a brake and see what tomorrow brings.

Kyle
Old 08-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Launching!

If this kit is for your '02 B4C then the resoviour should fit just to the right of the radiator if you stand in front of the car. It's close and a tight fit, but it will work. install your hoses for the intercooler BEFORE you bolt the blower down. Afterwards is a major PITA, trust me. It's easier to make the necessary changes to the routing to ensure the right clearance of the rear belt and pulleys that way. I just wrapped mine out of the way along the fenders and to the heat exchanger, I still had plenty left over. I had to grind the throttle body top almost all the way through the top bolt mounting hole to get the clearance to close the hood. Mine fits, but not by much. I have some marks on the hood from where the engine has moved and the sensor housing has hit. I had to take many a break from it while doing my install, good thing I had some other mods to do as well.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

Well this kit is a real treat to work with. It is not by far a bolt on kit. The throttle body doesnt fit under the hood you loose your cruse control. There isnt a place on the car that the intercooler resivor fits. I need to get a coolant crossover pipe from some LSX motor so the blower will fit on there. At this point im about ready to toss the thing in the garbage. We will see what tomorrow brings. I got the cowl area cut out. The blower sits on the intake because i took the coolant cross over tube off. I looked at how to route the intercooler hose and right now im pretty much lost.

Time to take a brake and see what tomorrow brings.

Kyle

Wow! very nice Kyle, I would have thought you would at least call me if you had an issue. Sounds like your freaking out pretty bad, I'll save you the quarter and call you and find out what's up

Ed

I tried calling you and left a message on your cell, please call me back when you have a chance. It sounds like you're missing the coolant crossover, which is no big deal, I'll send it with your ECM. I'm lost as to why you think you have to lose your cruise??? Give me a call and we can figure it out.
Ed

Last edited by Ed @ Late Model Speed; 08-11-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Old 08-12-2007, 06:16 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just working on one of these this weekend and let me give you a few details that I had to modify a little the throttle bracket wasn't quite right for our car so we had to drill two new holes to movei it back about 1/4 of an inch to get WOT and we tried how you hav it mounted, but wouldn't work on ours due to the cable hittin the pulley at WOT. The 2 bar sensor wasn't working with the tune the customer had so had to place a stocker back in the intake and retune and then found that the customers FP may have been on its way out the door or the Magnavolt wasn't working correctly don't know as we didn't do the install and didn't check the voltage our self as we had already done alot of stuff for the customer to help him out and were out of free time for the day as we had a lot more to do. My observation of the kit is that it is fairly well designed to fit in an F'body, but does require a few little tweaks by the installer and a HP tuners 2 bar would be the best way to tune one of these cars. Other than that it looke lit it was done well for a semi custom kit. I think the Heat exchanger could be a little further from the condencer for a more effeicent heat transfer or even a better location although it looks very clean.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Ya i also re did the throttle cable. It opens to wide open with out hitting the pulley. I drilled into the blower inlet housing itslef for the hole. Then cut the bracket out around the pulley. Did the car its on have a ss hood or stock? Did the hood need to be cut? Where ddi you mount the coolant bottle for the heat exchanger? And where did you put the pump. I think im going to go with a custom bottle because the one in the kit doesnt fit at all. Also what coolant crossover pipe is needed? What car/truck year is it from?

Kyle
Old 08-12-2007, 10:54 PM
FormerVendor

Do you not want to mount it between the radiator and the fuse panel? I remember specifically discussing that with you, so I'm a little confused??
Please give me a call and we'll figure it out,

Ed
Old 08-12-2007, 11:30 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya i also re did the throttle cable. It opens to wide open with out hitting the pulley. I drilled into the blower inlet housing itslef for the hole. Then cut the bracket out around the pulley. Did the car its on have a ss hood or stock? Did the hood need to be cut? Where ddi you mount the coolant bottle for the heat exchanger? And where did you put the pump. I think im going to go with a custom bottle because the one in the kit doesnt fit at all. Also what coolant crossover pipe is needed? What car/truck year is it from?

Kyle
Yeah it was mounted right where Ed is saying on the drivers side right to one of the headlight bolts with the pump going strait down real simular to the way the truck mount. It was on a Ram Air T/A I am not sure, but I think it was one of Ed's first kits from what the customer was saying. It had issues we fixed a lot of them, but in the end it was running out of fuel so he said he would be back. One of two things was happening Magnavolt was not working due to bad install or product not working or FP was on its last leg. It left fairly safe as long as he didnt tak it over 5K then it would really start going lean.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Staging Lane

we double checked the magnavolt setup per Eds drawing, so if he has it correct on his instructions then it should be working. That means it's either not working or like Inspector12 said the FP is on its way out. If you do a search on google for magnavolt you will find a few threads from other web pages of people complaining about it not working on the vette's.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 AM
FormerVendor

I had a similar issue on Badmonkey's car, it all worked perfectly for a little over 100 miles, then lost fuel pressure during normal driving. I think if the fuel pump has a lot of miles on it, or it's on it's last leg, the Magnavolt finishes it off.

Ed
Old 08-14-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Here is a picture of were my coolant tank is. I plan on running a huge cooler in the back of the car so I can pack alot of ice for track days Anyway you can see it on the right side.

Damon
Attached Thumbnails LM Speed Maggie Kit For F Body-ss5.jpg  
Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

I Dont like how it doesnt fit flush with the radiator support so i went ahead and made a alluminum box instead for it. Its going to go between the bumper and the radiator support(i dont run a washer bottle the car doesnt see bad weather). Pending my parts get here this week i can get the blower bolted down and fire the thing up and see how it goes.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

I Dont like how it doesnt fit flush with the radiator support so i went ahead and made a alluminum box instead for it. Its going to go between the bumper and the radiator support(i dont run a washer bottle the car doesnt see bad weather). Pending my parts get here this week i can get the blower bolted down and fire the thing up and see how it goes.

That should be fine, just make sure that the pump will still be completely below the reservoir otherwise it won't work properly.
You'll have everything you need before Friday, so you can get this finished up.
Let me know if you need anything else,
Ed

Quick Reply: LM Speed Maggie Kit For F Body