Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

predator question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator question

ok, my new car should be here tomorrow or wednesday..The car is coming with a Predator Diablo Tuner..I am not sure what all has been done with the tuner to the car.....When the car gets here I am going to go have it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing...question is...If i put the car back to stock on the tuner will it be unlocked and ready to use on another vehicle..I want to sell it....Also, will the person who tunes my car need to know what all has been done thru the predator or can it just be redone or changed by him...hope that makes sense....Thanks, Brent
Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bow125106
ok, my new car should be here tomorrow or wednesday..The car is coming with a Predator Diablo Tuner..I am not sure what all has been done with the tuner to the car.....When the car gets here I am going to go have it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing...question is...If i put the car back to stock on the tuner will it be unlocked and ready to use on another vehicle..I want to sell it....Also, will the person who tunes my car need to know what all has been done thru the predator or can it just be redone or changed by him...hope that makes sense....Thanks, Brent
That depends. I think the older models of the Predator were locked to the vehicle permanently once the performance tune was flashed in. However, I think they changed that for the newer models. It's been 2+ years since I had my Diablo though...
Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bow125106
Allow the Predator to restore the stock tune to the car.
This will unlock the tool unless it has an old (1.03) revision on it.
If it has the 1.03 rev, it will need to be sent here to be unlocked and updated, and there will be a $99 charge if not the original owner.
If the guy you are buying it from has the reciept for the Predator, get that and you will not have to pay the $99.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

(nevermind)

DAMN!! beat me to it!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com