Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Help With Bolt On Mods!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Bolt On Mods!!!

Ok...so i got a 2000 Z28...ive done a TB bypass, slp lid, magnaflow catback, adjustable shocks and struts, and lowering springs and double adjustable PHB...i was thinking of getting Pacesetter LTs with a ORY and get a tune as well but I dont't want to end up doing another tune once I finish w/ the rest of my bolt ons...so I need some help. After the LT and ORY what other mods should I do before getting a tune?? will there be any issues if I run the LTs and the ORY without a tune?? and lastly, ceramic coated LTs or not?? whatz the difference and does it really keep the engine bay cooler??
Old 08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

If you want to get every last horse out of the LTs, you have to get a tune. However, you'll be fine without one. I've been running coated LTs and ORY for a couple months without a tune. You'll gain a lot more power even without a tune. If I were you, I'd wait until I at least got an LS6 intake before I got the tune. There's no reason to throw away $300 for the extra 8-10 horse power a tune will yield with those mods. Spring for the ceramic LTs. Non coated will rust and look horrible within a few months.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i vote for ceramic LTs. Theyll look much better as far as rust goes and keep temps down
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

do the pacesetters come w/ ceramic coating on the inside as well?? I heard it helps move the exhaust gases out faster thus giving a slight hp difference compared to the uncoated.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

LS6 Intake and throttle body before the tune.

Also, if you plan on going with different gears (4.10 or whatever) you will need to get your speedo adjusted. Whoever does your tune should be able to go in and adjust the speedo at that time. Just something you might want to consider.

Go with coated.