Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

FS - Modded 85 in SouthOC

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS - Modded 85 in SouthOC

Okay, I'm moving, have too many cars and the wife is pregnant with twins, so something's gotta give...

I really want this car to go to a good home, as it was a real runner and a great car, when I used to actually drive it.

The list is so big for what's been modded, I'm not sure I can remember it all, but I'll try:

* Custom Purple / Black Currant paint. The car has been hand-washed for years and hasn't been waxed in 6 years(!), yet still looks like the pix. The paint cost $4k alone.
* Custom 3" cowl-inducted hood, with lighted VAC guage built in. (Yes, it really works).
* PIAA fog lamps
* Custom 3" rise on rear spoiler (professional fiberglass job. You couldn't tell it wasn't stock unless you knew).
* Rebuilt L98, with <1k miles (I drove it down to SoCal from NoCal after the rebuild and that's it).
* 16" Brushed metal Eagle alloys, with painted black inserts.
* All engine parts either chrome or anodized red, braided hoses with red clamps.
* Hooker headers / K&N intake / Flowmaster catback
* 30% tint on rear, 60% on sides, 35% on t-tops.
* Grant steering wheel
* Eibach pro springs / KYB shocks
* B&M ratchet shifter (I kinda miss that thing... "mui macho") / bulletproof 700R4 / poly transmount / 3.23s

I know there's more, but I really can't remember. It was a really fast car. I used to call it "The Predator", because I would go hunting and eat up a lot of cars.

* The car starts, once a battery's put in. It started right up, spat out some smoke, burnt off whatever was making it chug and idles quite nicely now (as nicely as the beast does).

* The engine bay is dusty as hell. Also, the lovely chrome radiator shroud I bought 12 years ago is pitted with rust, so there's a bit less pretty chrome in the engine, but all the braided hoses and red powdercoated equipment is still fine.

* There are a couple of rips on the interior. A rip on the rear driver's side seat also on the driver's seat, underneath my massager I put in (forgot about that and a million other little things).

* The car hasn't been registered since 2000, so the fees on it are capped at $367.00.

* New tailpipes are also in order. Also, some assklown backed into it in a parking lot 6 years ago. I replaced the fender, but never got the thing repainted (more of that procrastination).

* As mentioned before, the tires are shot (6 years old), so don't expect to come pick up the car and drive it away unless you've got tires and even then, it's not registered and it's LESS THAN SUBTLE, so your chances of getting pulled over are VERY HIGH.

I really don't have time to get it up and running, smogged, etc... so I'm selling it as is.

So, there you have it, a pretty kick *** car for $500. If you don't just part it out (which the parts are worth more than $500), I estimate another $1000 to get it all spiffed up.

I need this car GONE in like 2 weeks or I'm seriously gonna donate/have it turned into a coffee table. Again, a great little project car for somebody with more space than myself or an EXCELLENT parts car for $500.

*** SOLD! ***

Last edited by BOBA_VETT; 08-13-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Launching!

*** SOLD ***

Gone to a good home in The Valley.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
*** SOLD ***

Gone to a good home in The Valley.
just to let u know bro i hope you didnt pay to much to get the car modded with those parts. It's was only a 305 and the car was bone stock. But non the less still a good deal for a stock thirdgen.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

that was a steal..
Old 08-18-2007, 06:33 PM

at least the body was straight and the interior is alright. i think the most expensive and rare thing on the car is the actual little flashlight that is in the overhead console.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Launching!

'a little over $8k incl. car, hood, tail, shifter, engine jewelry, paint and wheels. Considering the number of cars I ate up on the road over the years, I'm good.

I do all my own work on my LS1's, so I know exactly what's going on.

Glad you guys like the map light. Have fun, I'm working on an opti swap for my 94 TA, so I can sell that puppy too.

Peace.

Quick Reply: FS - Modded 85 in SouthOC