Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow + resonator with no cats? Anyone done it?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow + resonator with no cats? Anyone done it?

Hey guys I need to quiet down my h/c car, Kooks LT's with hollow cats, and the magnaflow catback, WAY to loud for SoCal cops, so I need to quiet it down for legal reasons. Question is has anyone added a resonator to this setup (or something similar) ? Did it help to quiet it down, hows it sound? Etc etc. I was looking at a sweet thunder stick to throw in the I-pipe. Would go a dynomax bullet but I don't think that would really make it any quieter....

Any and all help is aprec! Thanks.

-Mark
Old 08-09-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

im going to throw a moroso spiral flow on mine. there were some posts where it made them quieter and gave a deeper tone.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Car is at the shop right now, throwing an 18' dynomax bullet in the I-pipe, figured it wouldn't hurt to try for 60 bucks, if I don't like it, I'll get a chambered muffler and swap it with the bullet, I'll post up tonight.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

if the magnaflow w/o cats is too loud for you, id throw in a dynomax bullet in the i pipe. or go with a pair of cats.

+1 for Dimebag
Old 08-09-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Just got it back from the shop, they put and 18' dynomax in the I-pipe. it's not really a whole lot quieter but WOW, sounds so clean, the note sounds more like Duals than any other f-body exhaust, Killed about 98% of the rasp, anything left is prob burrs throughout the welds in the exhaust. I'm still gonna have to put the stock muffler on for a day or to to pass inspection.... But ****, this is a nice sounding set up, I'll get some vids or soundclips up if I can this weekend.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Wow the more I drive this thing the better it sounds, sounds Great at WOT, and a lot deeper at cruising speeds, I can enjoy the drive without being to loud, now I hear all the valvetrain noise I couldn't before. You can definetly still hear the Lopiness of the cam at Idle, sounds great. I shall call it, " dynoflow " Lol, maxiflow sounds a whole lot like something my wife might need come time.... Errr. Rofl

-Mark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnaflow + resonator with no cats? Anyone done it?