LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Jet Module?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Module?

i installed a jet module on my car last night, it basically splices in between the gray bundle and the pcm, and then a pink pigtail runs out of the module to splice in with the pink wire on the black bundle. i also ordered nitrous, which will be here soon, and i've heard that it can seriously f your motor up if you run the n20 with a chip installed in your car, so i was wondering if i was to wire a switch into the pink wire out of the pcm that leads to the pink wire, would it cut power to the chip whenever i decided to spray it? thanks guys...
Old 08-09-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

I've never used a chip before... I used the hypercrap for a month or so then got it tuned. I am not sure what changes the jet module does, it probably leans it out for more power and if you are going to run nitrous that will lean out your engine more and possible blow it. I am not sure how good it is for the car to have the module be turned on and off at a whim. I would either run it or not run it.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Teching In

ah, alright....just wondering, thanks man...i'll take it off when i get the nitrous in, and get a tune for it...
Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats the best thing you can do. jet is junk anyway.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Teching In

yeah i had the 'stage 2' jet module thing like youre talking about, a week later i was throwing codes and fouled out 4 plugs, those things are a joke.. i really recommend staying away from those
Old 08-09-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I would get rid of that thing asap. It does you no good and can possibly screw things up. When I got my current car one of those hypertech chips was installed and after scanning it I discovered that it was running bad because the chip screwed up the MAP sensor signal. I removed it and things were much better.

What the chip does is try to give you more power by altering the input parameters to the pcm. That's a completely wrong way to go about it though and can be dangerous in certain situations because the pcm doesn't have accurate data about engine operating conditions. Add to that the fact that in most circumstances you will not see any power increase and you can see why those devices are pretty much useless.

It's far better to get a real tune if you want to make more power.