Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sjm Man. Phb?

Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Sjm Man. Phb?

I was wondering if any of you guys are using the adjustable panhard bar from SJM Manufacturing. I've been told that some phbars are not the correct length or don't have enough adjustment. Steve is a good guy to deal with and is really helpful, I'd really like to buy from him. If any of you guys have any experience with there products let me know.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have their panhard bar but I have the adjustable LCA's and the fit and work great for me.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I know we make ours with equal adjustment both shorter and longer. We have never had anyone run out of adjustment on our on-car adjustable or double adjustable.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
I was wondering if any of you guys are using the adjustable panhard bar from SJM Manufacturing. I've been told that some phbars are not the correct length or don't have enough adjustment. Steve is a good guy to deal with and is really helpful, I'd really like to buy from him. If any of you guys have any experience with there products let me know.

Steve builds great parts.....never heard of a problem with any of them.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 08-16-2007, 10:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all comments.

I haven't heard anyone running out of adjustability with our PHR components. (nor any others). Unless something drastically changed or problems with a customers mounting brackets, I don't see it being an issue.

Now on the other hand, I've heard some folks running a variety of LCA's (brand doesn't matter) whereas they ran out of adjustability. The problem was NOT the manufactures LCA , it was the fact that the customer (or shop)mounted relocation brackets on the rear-end either incorrectly or the relocation bracket manufacture didn't design it well.

I've even heard customers have issues with aftermarket rear-ends whereas the brackets were not welded in the correct location (how...I have no idea, as an assumption they are jig-welded).

When either a LCA or PHR is made, they are designed to adjust ~equal amounts shorter and longer...the center position being ~stock length.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW,

If anyone ever needed a custom length due to something being drastically different, if they purchased one of our LCA or PHR's and they were too long or too short for their particular application, we'd be happy to work with that customer.

If the customer just purchased a component and found out they had an application where they needed say 1" shorter then the typical (i.e. poorly located weled-relocation brackets), they could send back their LCA/PHR, we would be happy to make a custom one for them 1" shorter.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

I have an Addco bar and I got to the threshold of minimum length when adjusting mine recently. I didn't need to go shorter, but I would be screwed if I did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sjm Man. Phb?